So today when I was enjoying my free public education (not) my mother (bless her heart) went over to Guitar Center and ordered me a nice Gallien Kreuger MB115 combo. No I'm not getting this for free (it was the money from a warrenty), but I never actually got to try it out. I was planning on getting this model anyway, but (see title)
I don't think so. Although I've had little experience with them, GK seems to have a pretty good rep around here.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Probably not. It has a really good reputation when it comes to lightweight combos but there's always a chance that the tone just isn't you.
I'm a GK man myself and i can say you will not regret it
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I will happily be the voice of dissent here. GK's upper price stuff is solid, but their lower end combos are not quite up to their bigger brothers. I have GK Backline combo and the sound is really not awe inspiring. I've also had to have it repaired twice under extended warranty.
Every GK I've played through I've liked, but it's mostly been high end stuff at GC (why play what you can afford when you can play what you can't?).

Editskii: Is there any reason why you can't just take it back if you don't like? GC does have a 30 day return policy, right?

Edit 2.0skii: Like I said, I like to play above my pay grade at GC, coincidentally my only experiences with GK as well.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Last edited by samskii at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by anarkee
I will happily be the voice of dissent here. GK's upper price stuff is solid, but their lower end combos are not quite up to their bigger brothers. I have GK Backline combo and the sound is really not awe inspiring. I've also had to have it repaired twice under extended warranty.

I have to add to this, my tetemonial is only based of 2 of their highest end amps (the 1001 and 800) whihc i play regularly. i have no knowledge of their lower line
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
lower and higher stuff are passable. the cabs aren't my thing. the higher end heads however, are pretty awesome.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom