I just bought a used Ibanez RG550, and after playing it a while i think the frets seems a little bit low, how high are they supposed to be? If i'm measuring theese correctly they seem to be around 1mm high.

Check out theese pictures:

How does it look?

Also, is this bridge at the correct level?
Your frets look like the frets on my 550.

As for your bridge, no it isn't level. You see that rectangular bit near the tremolo post? They're supposed to be flush with the body of the guitar.

HNGD btw.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Well the 1 mm fretwire high isnt bad but you should look into getting a fretjob in a couple of months, but fret hight is all personal preference. (to a point that is)

The bridge should also have its springs tightened up, it isnt supposed to be so high up.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Like everyone's said, frets are fine, bridge is all over the place....ch0 has it right,that little rectangular notch is your indicator for the bridge, when that's level the bridge is level.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Dec 2, 2009,
Frets do wear out as the guitar is played. When was your guitar made? late 80's, early 90's? That's a lot of time for the frets to be worn down. "Normal" doesn't really apply anymore.

If you're really concerned (you seem to be going overboard with the concern) you can always bring the guitar to a good luthier to have the condition of the frets assessed.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...