Okay, got my electric guitar one year ago today, still have the original equipment. Like I said, one year later...

3s and 7s, Queens of the Stone Age

One (and a hacked out solo, my guitar frame make it near impossible to play), Metallica

King Nothing, Metallica

Helicopter, Block Party

Money for Nothing, Dire Straits

Theme of Laura, Silent Hill 2

Highway Star, Deep Purple

Run to the Hills (everything but the first notes, I can't reach them) Iron Maiden

Learn to Fly, Foo Fighters

Lay Down, Priestess

Number of the Beast, Iron Maiden

American Pie, Don McLean

And a couple of others I've since forgotten. One year later, how am I progressing?
I know I spelt it wrong.

People who have notified me of this fact: 4
Quote by potatohead_33
I would imagine that depends on how well you are playing the songs.

What he said
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
According to my own ear and the ear of my family, the songs are close enough to trick the average listener. I can personally attest to the correct notes, and if there's a loss in quality it's because of the amp (roughly $20 in the package), not the player. I play against the songs, so the timing is correct.
I know I spelt it wrong.

hmm... needs moar paul di'anno-era iron maiden and some vintage slayer n' megadeth and you're good to go

also some judas priest and van halen would kick ass.
Quote by GrammerAngel
According to my own ear and the ear of my family, the songs are close enough to trick the average listener. I can personally attest to the correct notes, and if there's a loss in quality it's because of the amp (roughly $20 in the package), not the player. I play against the songs, so the timing is correct.

Not necessarily... I tried recording myself while playing along to a song when I had been playing a while and I was horrified...
If you say so. I'm trying to get some actual people to play with, but It's been nearly impossible thus far. For now, playing against the album is the only real timing practice I can get.
I know I spelt it wrong.