pretty self explanatory. should I get the russian or the american electro-harmonix muff? what are the tonal differences?
Get the tone wicker, great sound and flexibility. end of.....
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
lol
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
Quote by chuckmehh
misleading thread title...

+1

I am disappoint
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Guys, we are not in the Pit, so please if you have nothing usefull to say well GTFO

Anyway, TS, both are good, but they are different and it's only a matter of opinion wich one is better. Just try them both and see wich one is for you.
Quote by Sguit

Anyway, TS, both are good, but they are different and it's only a matter of opinion wich one is better. Just try them both and see wich one is for you.

+1
A girl muff

oh,my bad
Quote by Squit
Anyway, TS, both are good, but they are different and it's only a matter of opinion wich one is better. Just try them both and see which one is for you.

+3.14
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
get the russian one and replace the caps and resisters with ones with proper tolerances and you essentially have yourself a green muff for under $80.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Basically, the Russian is a little grittier than the American.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

thanks for the help guys. Im going with the russian muff. it sounds so much less messy than the american AND i can make "in soviet russia" jokes about it.
from soundclips ive heard, the russian seems smoother sounding. maybe check out little big muff? ive heard it sounds inbetween the russian and us
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by marvelboy_04
from soundclips ive heard, the russian seems smoother sounding. maybe check out little big muff? ive heard it sounds inbetween the russian and us

The LBM is the same as teh BM just in a smaller box, trust me I've owned them both.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I'm pretty sure the Little Big Muff has a slightly different circuit than the USA Big Muff but as far as I could tell the tonal difference was negligible.
Quote by Mills7794
well i'd go american because i wouldn't want to support communism

Lol yea cus' thats totally gonna make a big difference.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
modded russian muffs are my fav
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger