Poll: Am I really gonna miss it?
Poll Options
View poll results: Am I really gonna miss it?
Run away, you're right. Be free and play guitar!
51 23%
You're stupid, sounds fun to me!
14 6%
Well I miss high school........
55 25%
After this it'll only get worse!
47 21%
What would Ghandi do?
55 25%
Voters: 222.
Page 1 of 3
Everyone keeps telling me I'm going to miss high school. But I'm not really enjoying this time of my life. AT ALL! I miss my girlfriend who doesn't live here. I get up and go to school come home, instantly I have to watch the kids (ages 6 m. 3 and 6) do all the chores and everything till I fall asleep. Either that or work. So really, life after this is gonna get worse!? I don't even have time to play guitar... how evil is that?
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
I don't miss high school at all, and I had it considerably better than you do.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
I don't miss high school. **** that place.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
im hating highschool. remedy: alcohol and/or drugs
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
Quote by Triviumsucks666
im hating highschool. remedy: alcohol and/or drugs

Haaaalleeee naw. I seriously believe music is the best healer/helper...
Sounds like it isn't school that is sucking for you. I think you should view school as an escape from the home life.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I sure as hell don't...but I also hate college too
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by blue_strat
Ha - wait 'till you have to do everything for yourself.

well I practically do. I even help pay rent when I can! It's just the things people talk about I never get to do!

And yes this thread is about a teenage miss high school beauty pageant where people take drugs to solve their problems! What else?
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers

Quote by itchy guitar
Sounds like it isn't school that is sucking for you. I think you should view school as an escape from the home life.

Yeahhh... It really is. But I was more reffering to the time period

Quote by duggyrocks
I thought this was going to be a thread discussing a teenage beauty pageant called Miss High School.

I was disappointed

Me too.

Major disappoint
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
IN GENERAL people miss highschool when they move on, I know i do

After highschool, almost all my friends moved away to a different city for university, and i got stuck here in Toronto because my mother is the classic overprotective oh-my-god-the-world-will-end-if-youre-gone-for-more-than-a-day and theres-no-****ing-way-you-can-stay-out-past-1am type, even though i`m 18. She keeps using the `well your brain is still maturing` and all that ****ing gay gay gay gay ass shit.

And yeah i didn`t even get into the university in toronto i wanted to go to, because one of my teachers in highschool ****ed up my average by being extremely unreasonable. So now i get to trek a 45 minute drive to uni, while i remain living at home because there was no way in hell my mom would let me live on residence anywhere, and all my friends have left..

I MISS HIGHSCHOOL

don`t get me wrong, i love my mom and stuff, and shes cool about certain things, but shes a ****ing stupid, stubborn, ill informed bitch about things that really matter to me.

$0.02
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by colt34
Yeahhh... It really is. But I was more reffering to the time period

Well, you won't miss this time period, but you will miss school when you don't even have that to look forward to.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Well, you won't miss this time period, but you will miss school when you don't even have that to look forward to.

AH! You're right!!!!!

I didn't really appreciate high school while I was there, but really it wasn't all that bad.
I met some really cool people there, people I'm still friends with today.
Really, I have no big complaints about it.
well obviously it would be better for you because the kids will grow up dip[shit

you're problem is not that it is highschool so going to whatever's next makes you much free'r
Last edited by MedicreDemon at Dec 2, 2009,
I miss it so much.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by jburde
Haaaalleeee naw. I seriously believe music is the best healer/helper...

Depends on what music you listen to...
Listen to music does not really help me, but drugs arent a solution either. I say partying is the solution, being with friends.
Quote by Winsbury
I thought that too

Alright, just so no one is dissappointed... I went to school today and we were having this teenage miss high school beauty pageant! After seeing some of the contestants everyone was real excited BUT THEN the last girl walks out and BAM

Everyone is shocked! And the guys being guys yelled some rather explicit yet sarcastic things such as "ow OWWW hot stuff!" And the judges, being teachers from the school, took this seriously!!! And either as a way to torture the kids or out of pure stupidity elected her. The entire male (and some female) portion of the school spent the rest of the day getting hit on by the newly confident "Miss high school"

Talk about a bad day........

I miss high school because that's when I had friends.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
I miss high school to a degree. It was easy as all get-out and it was nice consistently seeing my friends. College has some aspects that are nicer though.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I miss highschool...mainly due to the fact that my school load was toned down 50%
I didn't have to pay rent, car payments,tuition etc.

I had alot more friends in high school
Long distance realtionships don't work

But as everyone grows up.. we all gain responsibilities and freedoms
So complaining about how much your life sucks
Is a waste of time.
Seize the opportunity ( I know i totally sound like a teacher)
But take the advice!

IMO University is 10x better than highschool
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I've decided that Paul Gilbert's hands have no method of communication with his brain. they exist as separate sentient beings each with an IQ of 400.
Last edited by Jimi-is-god at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by duggyrocks
I thought this was going to be a thread discussing a teenage beauty pageant called Miss High School.

I was disappointed

I too
No... I don't miss school at all. If anything, I would miss college, but I am still there for a while yet...
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by blue_strat
Ha - wait 'till you have to do everything for yourself.

Thats not bad; I actually like that much better. Makes me feel like less of a lazy ass.

In reply to the thread though..I miss elementary school alot. Best years of my life. Junior High was shit but I miss that slightly. High School? Never lookin back. Biggest joke of my life and easy as hell.

I missed 18 days of school my senior year just in the 1st semester and I still managed As and Bs only.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I sometimes miss high school (well, secondary school, but same thing). It was great to have all your mates in the same area, meeting up every day. Drinking underage held a certain mystique and excitement that you just don't get in the pub . I found the work absolutely piss easy the majority of the time and had pretty much nothing but free time.
I don't so much miss the school as much as I miss the people. You don't realise till you leave that you won't see a lot of those people again, ever. Some of my mates have emigrated. Some, like me, are scattered around the country at various universities. Some have dropped of the grid altogether and no-one is sure where they are.
It's just nostalgia for a time that you can't really get back, and that was much simpler.

Don't get me wrong university is great, and has advantages that school never had. Your friends are generally people who you have much more in common with, rather than just people who are in your class. The nightlife is obviously a million times better. The stuff you study is much more interesting and challenging. But there are always things that were better, for instance while I love being able to legally drink and house parties in university are much better, the fact that all that stuff was so much more rebellious and new when I was younger makes it seem great in retrospect.

Not looking forward to the real world though, that's probably going to suck
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I miss kindergarten. Naps in the middle of school and no grades. I Miss High School when I played football, but I fractured my kneecap so that was it for me. Other then that I don't really miss HS.
Angus = god
I hated high school while I was in it, but as I'm nearing the end of my first semester of college I want to go back and do it again. It was the greatest time of my life, even though I didn't realize it. It was so freakin easy too.
JAMC
People say its the best years of your life.. it isnt... but it is the easiest
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
My parents told me that my childhood years would be the best years of my life so make the most of them. But my parents never went to college.

School for me was rubbish but do well so you can go to college, best 4 years of my life
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
I will never, ever appreciate high school.

I will never, ever want to go back.

Quote me and bet on me.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Middle school is where it was at. I miss middle school.

High school was a drama enclosed environment with immediate racial tension filled with pretentious know it all teachers who still had not received their masters for teaching requirements.

My school had over 6000 students. When the period bell rang, it was like watching D day on the beaches of Normandy. People getting stepped on and shit. When I graduated I never looked back.

Only thing I do miss are the good friends I had made and my guitar teacher who showed me the basics.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I hate school, despite my good grades. I hate it with a passion. The only reason I attend - and intend to finish - is so I can ensure a place at University. I like seeing my girlfriend, my friends and VERY FEW teachers. (Mr. Robusti, AKA Mr. Black Sabbath.) That's it.

I will never miss it, ever. I can't wait to be out of this hellhole routine every day.
Page 1 of 3