I think this is the right place... I haven't noticed it before (I swear it was okay a few days ago though), but I have noticed 2 places with the same problem...

I have even tried resetting the text size and restarting my computer... does anybody else have this problem or/and know what it is or could be? I definately can't remember seeing this before today...
This will start a RIOT! in me
Last edited by Paramore. at Dec 2, 2009,
Why are you using Internet Explorer?

edit: that's a problem with Google, I noticed it earlier in Chrome.

IE is still a bag of shit though.
Last edited by freedoms_stain at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by ctb
Does it go normal if you highlight it?

Well, if I highlight the right text I can see the whole bit clearly... for example Safesearch: moderate but it doesn't move.

Also freedoms_stain, is it the same for you now?
Firefox, Chrome, or a pile of dog shit > Internet Explorer
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by Paramore.
Well, if I highlight the right text I can see the whole bit clearly... for example Safesearch: moderate but it doesn't move.

Also freedoms_stain, is it the same for you now?
On Google images, yeah, there's text overlap at the safe-search selector.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I get it in Firefox.
Quote by freedoms_stain

Ah, and it's only been like that since today? also, can you try this page?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_There

on the right where it says "Hail To The Thief" track listing, is that messed up for you, too?...
Quote by Paramore.
Ah, and it's only been like that since today? also, can you try this page?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_There

on the right where it says "Hail To The Thief" track listing, is that messed up for you, too?...
No, looks ok here.

I only noticed the Google images thing earlier today, but I haven't had cause to use it that recently before then.
Quote by ctb
Nothing wrong on that page.

Oh, and you don't have Internet Explorer? just wondering as it could be IE?

Also does anybody know if it's possible for certain things to be messed up on one guys IE, and not somebody elses?...
You got something against firefox? It's free dude...
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
You got something against firefox? It's free dude...

Nope, it's just that I have used IE for like 10 years now and I have had no reason to swap...
Quote by Paramore.
Oh, and you don't have Internet Explorer? just wondering as it could be IE?

Also does anybody know if it's possible for certain things to be messed up on one guys IE, and not somebody elses?...
I went on the Wiki in IE and I didn't see anything messed up.
Quote by ctb
I went on the Wiki in IE and I didn't see anything messed up.

Well, recently my graphics card has been a bit weird, but everything is fine when I restart computer, but I have never seen any of these errors before because of it... also my graphics card has never produced these problems before, but it seems a lot of people have the Google one... would you say it's a bad problem for my computer or something
Quote by Paramore.
Nope, it's just that I have used IE for like 10 years now and I have had no reason to swap...
Firefox (or almost any of the other big 5 browsers) is less likely to allow someone to steal your personal details or allow malicious sites to **** around with your machine.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Firefox (or almost any of the other big 5 browsers) is less likely to allow someone to steal your personal details or allow malicious sites to **** around with your machine.

I might think of getting it some day then... but does it take long to download, require any important installation? (like games and stuff), as it has been a while since I upgraded IE and I can't remember... also, do your favourites copy over from IE?
Quote by Paramore.
I might think of getting it some day then... but does it take long to download, require any important installation? (like games and stuff), as it has been a while since I upgraded IE and I can't remember... also, do your favourites copy over from IE?

It takes about 2 minutes tops.
Quote by StewieSwan
It takes about 2 minutes tops.

It doesn't force itself to download any extras or it doesn't become a big part of your PC though does it, if you understand? or is it seen as a tiny program that you downloaded? is it big, etc.?
Quote by Paramore.
It gives you the option to import the favourites and cookies. Nothing comes with Firefox in the installation. You'll have to download the plugins for it.
Quote by Paramore.
It doesn't force itself to download any extras or it doesn't become a big part of your PC though does it, if you understand? or is it seen as a tiny program that you downloaded? is it big, etc.?

It asks if you want it to be your default browser and that's about it. You're done. You can then go download whatever add-ons you want, like adblock
Will all of my AntiVirus programs still work the same? and does it automatically ask you to download the plug-ins or do I have to go find them?...
Relax, firefox will work with everything.
Add ons are downloaded from the official site, which you can google,or get linked to from the addons window.

Firefox is free, and no nasty surprises come with it [it gets funded by other companies and google].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Okay, thanks guys. Thinking of getting it soon...

EDIT: the reason I was a bit wary of downloading it is because I was worried about conflicting...
Quote by Paramore.
Okay, thanks guys. Thinking of getting it soon...

EDIT: the reason I was a bit wary of downloading it is because I was worried about conflicting...

It won't conflict with anything.

And yes, it does import IE bookmarks.

At the very least, download and install it and try it out [without setting it as your default browser, so you can remove Firefox if you dislike it]
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by freedoms_stain

exactly.

Opera, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, (what's the last one?) are all more or less immune to drive-by downloads, malicious BHO's (Browser Helper Objects - all your toolbars and shit like that), and other nasties. The big reason is because they're built on a different system from IE, plus Firefox and Opera are updated very often. Firefox 4 is, as far as I'm aware, in the works (alpha stages). Opera is on Version 10.3 or around there.

Chrome's just a weird-assed browser. A trojan can't make head or tail out of it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Okay, cool. Guys, can you check Google now? load the main page, it seems to have gotten worse... does it "flash" on? (the writing)
Quote by oneblackened
exactly.

Opera, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, (what's the last one?) are all more or less immune to drive-by downloads, malicious BHO's (Browser Helper Objects - all your toolbars and shit like that), and other nasties. The big reason is because they're built on a different system from IE, plus Firefox and Opera are updated very often. Firefox 4 is, as far as I'm aware, in the works (alpha stages). Opera is on Version 10.3 or around there.

Chrome's just a weird-assed browser. A trojan can't make head or tail out of it.
IE itself is the other. The ever-decreasing and undeserved No.1.

Personally I'm using Chrome right now (latest beta), not perfect, but I like.

I think Chrome would probably suit this guy better than Firefox since it's built with Simplicity in mind, and his tech skills are pretty limited. To get the best out of Firefox you need to piss around with extensions - I don't think he's up to it.
Is Chrome free? and the main page of Google seems to flash all the writing on (besides the picture and bar) at the minute... can anybody confirm?... http://www.google.co.uk/
Quote by TS
Text overlapping/going weird on Internet Explorer?

Problem found.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by Paramore.
Is Chrome free? and the main page of Google seems to flash all the writing on (besides the picture and bar) at the minute... can anybody confirm?... http://www.google.co.uk/

you mean how it fades in?
That's normal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.