Hey Bass forum!

I just started playing bass guitar today (I've been playing regular guitar for 3 years, so I'm not totally noobish).

My friend told me a lot of punk bands use picks. I decided to try it out but I'm having trouble figuring out where to rest my picking hand. It all is pretty uncomfortable.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
when i play with a pick, i don't really rest it on anything. if anything my little and index finger may sometimes touch the body below the strings.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
right before the neck starts. but I mostly pluck
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Quote by Zycho
Personally, I just let my hand float.

This.

But it helps cause i do it with guitar to
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Quote by Alex Vik
Well, you shouldn't really anchor your hand if using a pick. At least, that's what I've been told.

Agreed. Let your hand float, that should be fairly easy for you since you play guitar.
I'm a plucker, and I rest on like both pickups strings and my neck..
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
I'm not much of a pick player, but i find if I'm doing simple stuff I lean my hand on the body near the mid postion. You can also float liek people talk about above.

Some people, maybe if you want to clot your bass strings, anchor their hand at the bridge.

And some rest their pinky/ring against the back of the bridge pickup and sort of float it I guess.

Haha, hope that helped.
Try adding more delay.
i'm a finger man and usually anchor my thumb on the back pickup. if i play with a pick i will usually not anchor at all
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I use a floating hand when Im picking. Just seems more natural for me when playing.
i usually have my hand underneath the pickguard almost pulling up on it on my p bass or resting against the bottom of the bridge pickup on my ltd