Hey guys, I've been battling with this back and forth for while and hoped someone could clear it up for me.
I have an old peavey tracer with a hum sing sing configuration. I took out the old pickups (they were rusted and dying) and put in some blackouts. I have the ahb-2 in the bridge and the as-1? (single coil) in the neck, nothing in the middle. I also put in the emg pa-2 and the emg exg, (gain boost and mid scoop respectively).

Here's the problem I love the sound of each pickup by itself, but I really want some kind of inbetween sound (three way toggle). I love the high gain ridiculous sound of the ahb-2 (booster missing for lower gain) and the single coil on roids (booster ingaged to try and keep up with the ahb-2)

Whenever I put it in the middle I get a pretty decent sound, but it keeps some of the single coil twang, I'd like to get rid of that without letting the ahb-2 do all the work.

any thoughts?
does it have seperate vols ?just turn the neck down a bit, I do this with my Les Paul all the time to get a good range of tones. A lot of guitarists don't play with their guitar's EQ enough imo, sticking to 10 on all of your knobs isn't the way.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.