My son is 11 and has been play electric guitar for about 1 year. For Christmas he wants a distortion and whammy pedal. After a little shopping around it seems easier to get him a stomp box (I think that is what it is called) because it will do that plus more. Any recommendations? I have been looking at the Digitech RP90 and Zoom G1X, but I don't know how good they are or if there is something better. Because he is only 11 I don't want to spend too much, but I want something decent he can enjoy. Thanks!
My G1X has served me well for a while and has some fairly good effects for a beginner to use and play with, as well as many good presets
Epiphone LP Standard Honeyburst, Stagg Custom Job
Relic'd Tele, Carlsbro GLX30
Frontman 25R, Zoom G1X
Dunlop SW-95, Danelectro DTB-1
Behringer VT999

Quote by obeythepenguin
Damn, that was fast. AlexW1989, thanks to you I can finally get to sleep again at night...
I have a BOSS ME-33. look into that and if youre interested message me and ill sell you mine for very cheap.
Quote by AlexW1989
My G1X has served me well for a while and has some fairly good effects for a beginner to use and play with, as well as many good presets

Seconded
how much you willing to spend?
Go used?
Nearest major city?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Yamaha Magicstomp. They are discontinued, so you'll have to go used, but it's well worth it. It covers a wide range of effects along with offer amp models, and the sounds are all very high quality. They used for $75-$120.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
how much you willing to spend?
Go used?
Nearest major city?

I live near Honolulu and would be willing to buy new or used. Because I do not know much about them I am not completely sure how much I need to spend. I would guess less than $100 though for something decent. Does that seem reasonable?
Quote by xardion
I live near Honolulu and would be willing to buy new or used. Because I do not know much about them I am not completely sure how much I need to spend. I would guess less than $100 though for something decent. Does that seem reasonable?

i forgot to ask,what amp does your kid have?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by xardion

Like I said, I'd go for a Magicstomp. However, given your location, your used market may not be the best. Because of this, if you're comfortable with it, I would highly recommend using eBay. In fact, there is a Magicstomp on eBay for $101 including shipping.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
Quote by TheWall27
Like I said, I'd go for a Magicstomp. However, given your location, your used market may not be the best. Because of this, if you're comfortable with it, I would highly recommend using eBay. In fact, there is a Magicstomp on eBay for $101 including shipping.

Having used the magic stomp, i do reccomend it, enough normal stuff and then some nice gimmicy stuff untill he finds what he wants to really pursue in his guitar playing
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
i forgot to ask,what amp does your kid have?

Nothing special. I actually picked it up when I was in the Philippines. It is a Fernando starter kit that came w/ the amp. I the amp is a Fernando GL-15.