So my friend is a beginner...his first day playing was today...and im teaching him guitar for him and he comes over today and he has a target version of a fender guitar and amp combo...he plugs in the thing and he hits a note and it sounded AWFUL! so i suggested he get some money and buy a pedal or amp so i need some suggestions for a pedal or amp he could buy soon
Quote by The_Rooster
Dude its a guitar, not an nuclear weapon...... unless your Chuck Norris.

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
Budget...eh he mite make a hundred a week, new, uhh massachusetts, and probably metal
Quote by The_Rooster
Dude its a guitar, not an nuclear weapon...... unless your Chuck Norris.

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
Just a thought ,how about taking the guitar into a shop for a proper setup ( intonation, action etc) ?

I find most low end guitars sound crappy because it's impossible for them to even be in tune .
Quote by GuitarLGND
Budget...eh he mite make a hundred a week, new, uhh massachusetts, and probably metal

So how much does he have to spend on this amp?
I would reccomend a set up first. The set up could save him from a lot of problems and save him some money.

Second is you said that he plugs it in and hits a note and it sounds awefull. Well this is probably his first time to ever play so that is kind of understandable. I can hand my wife my Martin HD-28 and have her try to play an open G chord and it will sound like shit, because she is does not know how to place her fingers or how much pressure to place on the strings or how it should be picked...