Page 1 of 2
I heard a while ago...somewhere...that the majority of New Yorkers have never been to the Statue of Liberty.

Or maybe it was the Empire State Building. Either way, they've never been to one of the famous places in their city. Especially strange, considering they're closer to them than anyone else.

So, moving onto the main point of the thread ("but Minky, your threads never have points!" I hear you cry), is there a tourist spot in your town/city that you've never been to?

In Shrewsbury, pretty much the only place that fits that description is Shrewsbury Castle, where I used to eat my lunch whilst I was at college. So I've been there, but never actually went into the museum part.
The Falkirk Wheel!!

But I have been there, it's... a fucking big wheel
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Lincoln Cathedral, built by William the Conqueror, apparently the tallest building in the world from like 1300 - 1500. I've been there actually, but it's pretty much the only thing that puts Lincoln on the map.

For me the most touristy spot is the beach, and I've been there.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
The entire DC area. Sadly, I haven't visited most of the monuments/landmarks.
The CN Tower in Toronto, used to be the tallest free standing structure in the world....now its just there.

I've been twice.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
well, its not really a tourist spot, but...

where i live there used to be a bar. behind that bar there used to be a discoteque. that discotecque was the heavy metal soundhouse. the very same where iron maiden played their first demo tapes
There aren't many things in this area that I haven't seen. It's getting really boring.
Montreal Olympic Stadium. The Biodome. The Old port of Montreal. Ville-Marie Plaza.

Never been to any of them. Well, I've been to the port, but that was years ago.

I guess people don't go to famous places in their cities because they either don't have the time, its a pain to travel to the other side of the city or they figure they can do it some other time.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
*Space Needle*

That too
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Dec 2, 2009,
The Bob Marley Musem is like 3 minutes away from my house. I've never been there.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I don't know that there is a specific destination here, but a lot of people come here to see the Amish. To me that is just weird. I see them all the time and I don't understand what is so interesting about them.

Not really famous around the world, but I'm pretty sure every saturday every citizen of ontario crosses the border and visits the Walden Galleria Mall in Cheektowaga, NY
JAMC
Brisbane city doesn't have any famous tourist spots.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Dec 2, 2009,

St. Armands Square, pretty much the ritziest shopping district in Florida.
Too bad no one who actually lives here can afford anything there
love is love // return to dust
I believe my city is the only area in Europe ( i think) still surrounded by walls. Wiki Londonderry.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Temple Square in downtown Salt Lake City. Especially in the winter when the lights are on. "The Lights" as it's called are pretty incredible to see. Other than that, Moab is pretty huge with Jeepers and campers.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Temple Square in downtown Salt Lake City. Especially in the winter when the lights are on. "The Lights" as it's called are pretty incredible to see. Other than that, Moab is pretty huge with Jeepers and campers.

Yeah. Salt Lake doesn't have much, but Park City and Moab are pretty big tourist spots.

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Gyroscope
Yeah. Salt Lake doesn't have much, but Park City and Moab are pretty big tourist spots.

Hell yeah, I got photos of me under that arch.
I forgot about Park City. Tons of people go there to ski/snowboard every year.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Hell yeah, I got photos of me under that arch.
I forgot about Park City. Tons of people go there to ski/snowboard every year.

Not to mention Sundance.
I lived in new york city for my youth and I had never been to the statue of liberty lulz.

People told me it sucked anyway, so meh.

In AZ, theres nothing but cacti and mountains. Very pretty though.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all

Disneyland

The Queen Mary

The Pike

Universal Studios

La Brea Tar Pits

Hollywood

LA zoo

I think you get the point.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
West Edmonton Mall
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Well I live in Florida...so we have plenty. Most obvious one being Disney World. **** YEAH!

EDIT: ^ Hah, **** your Disney "Land". We laugh at your Disney Land and then shit on it with the glory that is Disney WORLD! Bow down to Mickey Mouse.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Last edited by yellowfrizbee at Dec 2, 2009,
In Franklin, there's the old Battle of Franklin site, and that's about it. But Nashville, on the other hand, has too many to list.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Maybe Utah isn't so boring after all.

Not when it comes to concerts.

Damn you Opeth!

Chevelle finally came here for the first time in 9 years.
Quote by Gyroscope
Not when it comes to concerts.
Damn you Opeth!
Chevelle finally came here for the first time in 9 years.

Bodom, Rob Zombie, Tool all came this year. It's a hit or miss thing with good shows coming.

Field Marshal Arthur Wellesley, First Duke of Wellington, one of the most successful and decorated military commanders in British history.

Outside the Gallery of Modern Art on Queen Street in Glasgow his statue perpetually wears a traffic cone on his head - its become a criminal offence to stick a cone up there now. He still wears one.

It has become somewhat of a tourist attraction, and a drunken ritual.
Last edited by freedoms_stain at Dec 2, 2009,
Ok seriously though, nobody can beat Colorado. Can you really beat this? Yes its real.

YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Page 1 of 2