Hey can anyone help me capture Dan Donegan's live tone please? Heres a couple videos of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChyQIlsTjPw (song starts at 1:29)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLphJrZBCfk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8piYBQRLbQ (the guitar he's playing in this one is the model that I have)

My guitar is a Washburn Maya DD60VRF, a Dan Donegan signature.

My Distortion pedal is an Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff

And my amp is just a shitty Fender G-dec junior (I'm gonna get a new one soon, but it's all I have for now)

So, can any one help me capture his tone please? What settings should I use on the pedal and amp, would the top boost on my pedal help? Thanks.
Last edited by Adisturbedone at Dec 2, 2009,
Don't think you will EVER get a good tone, or his tone, out of that amp bro. I saw Disturbed live and didnt like his rhythm tone... but the soloing setting he had was amazing!
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
Yeah I know, the amp sucks, I'm saving up for a new one. Do you know how I should set it up to get it as close as I could for now though?
I've got the Metal Muff myself, it's treble is very harsh so you want it at about 4 (10 o'clock). Mids at about 7 (2 o'clock), bass at about 5-6 (12-1 o'clock) and gain at about 6 (1 o'clock). DON'T use the treble boost, maybe to be safe set it to 0 so that even if you step on the boost switch by accident it doesn't do anything.

On the amp, I'd go for the plainest setting you can get i.e. clean with tone at 5 (12 o'clock), gain very low and no other effects on.

This should get you pretty close, but I've never tried your amp so I don't know how it sounds to begin with. You can always fiddle with the settings to get even closer
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Firewind Raging
I've got the Metal Muff myself, it's treble is very harsh so you want it at about 4 (10 o'clock). Mids at about 7 (2 o'clock), bass at about 5-6 (12-1 o'clock) and gain at about 6 (1 o'clock). DON'T use the treble boost, maybe to be safe set it to 0 so that even if you step on the boost switch by accident it doesn't do anything.

On the amp, I'd go for the plainest setting you can get i.e. clean with tone at 5 (12 o'clock), gain very low and no other effects on.

This should get you pretty close, but I've never tried your amp so I don't know how it sounds to begin with. You can always fiddle with the settings to get even closer

Thanks, I'll try that out in about 5 minutes.
He has a sig pedal that you can get, if youre willing to spend around $70. For a Digitech pedal, its actually really, really good. It has some nice lead tones, an octaver, a sitar, and a phaser that can kinda morph into distortion.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
He has a sig pedal that you can get, if youre willing to spend around $70. For a Digitech pedal, its actually really, really good. It has some nice lead tones, an octaver, a sitar, and a phaser that can kinda morph into distortion.

I actually already have that. It captures his studio tone perfectly, I want to try to get his live tone though.