i know a lot of chords but i dont know any power chords , what are some basic power chords?
A power chord is just the root and the fifth. So an easy power chord is basically all power chords. An A power chord could be 5th fret 6th string(A, the root), 7th fret 5th string(E, the fifth). That's movable with the root anywhere along the 4th, 5th and 6th string. A power chord on the 2nd and 3rd strings would be something like 4th fret 3rd string(B, the root), 7th fret 2nd string(F#, the fifth). If the root is on the 2nd string, it's the same as on the 4th, 5th, and 6th strings.

Another version of a power chord would be to have the fifth in the base. So that would be something like 5th fret 5th string (D, the fifth), and 5th fret 4th string (G, the root). That would be called G/D.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Use them with caution, they tend to sound abit dull after some time.
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.