Wanna sell to Guitar Center or pawn shop, does anyone have any experience with this?

So I wanna get a new guitar (finally decided on a used white Schecter C-1 Hellraiser), but since I currently have no money to dish out for a new one, at least until tax returns come in, I'm selling my old gear. I've got three choices: a pawn shop, Craigslist, or Guitar Center. I'm tempted to sell it to Guitar Center since I found that I can do it online, and the information form I'd send in asks how much I'd be asking for for it. However, I've heard some people here saying they've had bad experience selling there since they feel like they're being ripped off. Thus, I am confused. Can anyone tell me about selling to Guitar Center, their experience with it, good or bad, etc.? Is it a good or bad idea? Oh, and if anyone could tell me the same about pawn shops too, that would be great.

The gear I'm selling is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony, A Squier Strat, and a Line 6 Spider III 30 watt.
Your best bet is craigslist. The problem with guitar center is that they buy back items with the intent to turn a profit. So why not just sell your guitar on craigslist for the price guitar center is going to turn around and sell it for after buying it from you for far less.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by Led man32
Your best bet is craigslist. The problem with guitar center is that they buy back items with the intent to turn a profit. So why not just sell your guitar on craigslist for the price guitar center is going to turn around and sell it for after buying it from you for far less.

This. And UG has gear ads too...
Quote by captaincrunk
This. And UG has gear ads too...

Really? Where can I find that?
Selling it to a guitar shop isn't the best idea. Although you're targetting the right audience, the shop itself will want to make a profit as well. I sold a guitar to a store once. It was on sale for 1000 [units of the local currency]. I got 750, and it took, like, 4 months to sell, even though it was like brand new and they had an identical new one for 1500.
(long story)

So basically, Craigslist is the best bet.
Craigslist or EBAY. I would not sell to a pawn shop, they will only give you no more than 30% of the value. A music store might give a little more but doubtful. EBay you can set a low price you would take and then let people bid on it. Also you can use Paypal to do the transaction and your money is safe. Craigslist has has some safety issues but millions of people use it.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
if you want money quickly then take it to a pawnshop or gc, both places want to make a profit though so they'll throw you low prices. I was offered $120 cash or $150 store credit to trade in my $500 schecter hellraiser deluxe, and its only 6 months old and in good condition too. GC have one of those specials where you get 15% off of a purchase if you trade in and use the credit to buy something. so could be a good chance for you.

But if you want more cash than they'll offer sell it on craigslist, as long as its not complete shit you'll get good money
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
^ Ahh but what they don't tell you is that they could give you that 15% discount any day if you haggle them.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
I haven't ever done it personally, but I befriended one of the guys there awhile back and he told me that I am better off selling it on my own because they wouldn't give me all that much for it.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Well yeah they are buying it for resale
I've never been to guitar center but a place like cash converters or a pawn shop would give you
$100 for the epi, and like $40 for the squier