Hey guys, I just bought a used 2001 les paul classic lightburst. I LOVE the guitar, the weight light 60's neck, sound etc. etc.

However, I've noticed that whenever I play as time passes, my neck starts to feel real dirty (not the fretboard side). Now I've tried cleaning it with that dunlop multi-purpose cleaner, and it gets nice and clean, but it only stays clean for about 10 minutes.

This is just annoying because the neck gets almost grippy its gross, i dont why this is happening even when i wash my hands before every time i play the guitar.

Can anyone provide a solution to my problem?? HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks a lot guys,

-Drew
dont eat cheetos while playing

srsly it happens just wipe it down before and after you start playin ...?
Quote by steven seagull
Everytime you feel your attention waning go the mirror and say outloud to yourself...
"I am Rockasaurus Sex...I have the most awesome username in existence and I will ROCK!"
A little baby powder on you hand helps. And keep a towel handy to dry the neck off in between songs.

That's the downside of a nitro finish.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by ipunchcouches
its not a nitro finish though

Is it a Gibson or an Epi? If it's a Gibson it's Nitro, if it's an Epi it's poly.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.