basically what the title says. I can get a brand new MXR 10 Band EQ for 95 bucks. I've got a Valveking 112 and I hear EQ pedals help a lot. I can't afford an OT and I'm not going to order a speaker yet because this deal seems pretty good.

The store in town knocked off the price from $130 to $95 specially for the next 3-5 days so I gotta decide quick. Should I go for it?
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
95 US is the going rate secondhand, go for it.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Thats cheaper than they usually go for new...but they can go for even less if you can find a used one. Great pedals though, so I'd go for it. I love mine.
I'd go for it. EQ pedals can do a lot for your tone depending on how/where you use them.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
At first they are very confusing to used unless you already experienced, but once you do figure things they are infinitely useful.

Guitars and amps my differ over time but it's one of the things that will probably never leave your rig.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Do it. You'll be very pleased with the EQ; I know I was. It makes a very big difference with them but not as much as the OT, imo.

A benefit of the OT is that you don't have to carry pedals everywhere you go to get a good distortion out of the VK.

Btw, you can order a Weber OT for $55 and the labor should run about 50 bucks as well, so that's about the same price. I noticed more difference with the EQ, though that may be because I could compare how it sounded off vs. on. With the OT I had to wait for about a week before I got to hear the amp again, so the sound wasn't as fresh in my head.

If you're not comfortable getting the OT swap done yet, though, by all means get the EQ.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Do it - an EQ is an essential thing to have around IMO, you may not use it all the time, but they really come in handy for a lot of applications.
Quote by Raijouta
Do it. You'll be very pleased with the EQ; I know I was. It makes a very big difference with them but not as much as the OT, imo.

A benefit of the OT is that you don't have to carry pedals everywhere you go to get a good distortion out of the VK.

Btw, you can order a Weber OT for $55 and the labor should run about 50 bucks as well, so that's about the same price. I noticed more difference with the EQ, though that may be because I could compare how it sounded off vs. on. With the OT I had to wait for about a week before I got to hear the amp again, so the sound wasn't as fresh in my head.

If you're not comfortable getting the OT swap done yet, though, by all means get the EQ.

Do you have a link of where you got that Weber OT? I was seriously considering doing that and having a local guy here replace it for me.

As far as the EQ goes, I'm pretty sure I'll order it as a christmas present to me
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
I don't know why anyone wouldn't get it for that price, I had to pay 85 for my MXR 6-band.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by axe_thrasher
possible noob question but what's an OT

output transformer

(robots in disguise)
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H