Okay, I went shopping at Guitar Center the other day just to try out some new guitars, and I found a guitar that is a total ripoff of a Les Paul, but it plays great! Now, earlier in the year, I might have just bought it right away, but one of my friends bought an SG ripoff and it broke within like a few months. So should I buy it or should I buy a real Les Paul?

Here is the guitar that I liked: http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-EC-256-Electric-Guitar-521009-i1426087.gc
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
shouldnt buy a guitar just because of the brand name so yes.. get the knock-off if you liked it.
the Eclipse's are actually really nice and it's not an exact rip off it's actually much thinner than an actual les paul.
its an LTD man,they build sick guitars.just because it isnt a gibson les paul doesnt mean its a shitty guitar,its a good guitar for the price,ESP LTD is the way to go.if you have the money for a real les paul then definitely go for it,but if you're more into metal you could get an ESP LTD EC-1000 with the EMGs,for a $1000 its the best les paul design guitar you could get,better than the cheaper gibson models for sure.
I don't mean what I write in my posts.So don't argue back on it,and don't check me..Because,though I don't mean them,they are the only way I can increase my post count.
I actually like that LP. I have a friend that has it and hes had nothing but praise for it.
it isn't a "ripoff" because it's a different guitar. Just because it has an lp body style doesnt mean it's attempting to mimic or cheaply imitate gibson. ESP is a reputable brand with a great reputation.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
Just because its not a gibson (or even a a epi. it could be argued) doesnt make it a rip off. ESP (LTD) makes good guitars. While it could be argued that one of the more expensive ESP's (like the EC-1000 (love it!)) would be safer and better, and not that I have played on that particular model, I would go for it. That is a legit brand, not some knock off crap like Jay Turser (not that i have played their guitars either...just sayin')
Quote by aschreiber2010
Just because its not a gibson (or even a a epi. it could be argued) doesnt make it a rip off. ESP (LTD) makes good guitars. While it could be argued that one of the more expensive ESP's (like the EC-1000 (love it!)) would be safer and better, and not that I have played on that particular model, I would go for it. That is a legit brand, not some knock off crap like Jay Turser (not that i have played their guitars either...just sayin')

I've played Jay Turser. My experience is they are crap. ESP is much much much much much (infinity) better.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
That's actually a pretty well made guitar for it's price. EC-256 guitars are excellent for beginners and some intermediates.
dont get the 256. there poop. go with a...

EDIT: EC-401VF
EC-1000
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
1984 Marshall JCM 800 4210
Voc AC30c2
Last edited by RockinRyan13 at Dec 3, 2009,