Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
moar info

+11,000
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
im looking to buy a new amp
my decision was to get the fireball but just now i was debating something more versatile.
what does the fireball have that the switchblade doesnt?
Hi tom
What kind of music do you play? What's your budget? Can you go used when purchasing ANY amp? What are your needs in terms of gigging/not gigging?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by 4117

what does the fireball have that the switchblade doesnt?

tubes

but the Switch has a BETTER clean channel
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
...we need to know what genres you play so we can actually give you our ideas on which is better for what you play...
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
i play progressive metal to hardcore to clean shit. my budget is under 2000. i could go used. gigging yes. is the versatility worth it. does the switchblade offer high gains anyhting like the fireball?
Hi tom
Quote by 4117
i play progressive metal to hardcore to clean shit. my budget is under 2000. i could go used. gigging yes. is the versatility worth it. does the switchblade offer high gains anyhting like the fireball?

The Switchblade is IMO a more versatile amp than the Fireball, and it cuts through the mix in a band context better than the "Ball" series Engls. My friend has the Switchblade Combo, and he plays a lot of Dream Theater with it; it sounds excellent. Like said, the cleans are better on the Switchblade, so are the mid-gain tones. The ultra channel is difficult to dial in, but can get some great Petrucci rhythm tones that I've heard firsthand. I'd choose the Switchblade out of the two, but look into other amps with that kind of budget. WTF and MatrixClaw both know more about metal amps than I do.

However, Alf, not to be a douche and correct you, but the SB actually has a tube power section.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
For $2000... you should get a used Engl Savage and call it a day
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
For $2000... you should get a used Engl Savage and call it a day

I haven't heard an Engl Savage but MC's like the Hugh Hefner of amps so who am i to disagree.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...