I have an okay way of doing it, is it possible to be doing it wrong/bad or is it all preference?

I rest my hand on the bridge (like I usually do) and tilt the pick and just go. Is anything wrong with this? Or resting your hand/palm?

It seems if I don't rest it, the accuracy goes down much more.
no. not unless you are flexing some arm muscles while doing so. all picking should come from movement of the wrist.
Quote by Adamfs594
I have an okay way of doing it, is it possible to be doing it wrong/bad or is it all preference?

I rest my hand on the bridge (like I usually do) and tilt the pick and just go. Is anything wrong with this? Or resting your hand/palm?

It seems if I don't rest it, the accuracy goes down much more.

If you can't play accurately without your hand on the bridge, you're anchoring. It can lead to many bad things so if you can avoid that, I think you should. Other than that, just stay relaxed and don't tense up your muscles.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Adamfs594

I rest my hand on the bridge (like I usually do) and tilt the pick and just go.

The way you describe makes it seem like you just enter a spastic tremoloing state in which you aren't in control of how fast you are even playing. ''Tremolo picking'' shouldn't be any different than your normal picking technique, meaning it should still remain relaxed and generally still in time.