Page 1 of 2
I've really noticed the lack of bullying in highschool. Whatever happened to swirlys and wedgees. Or just beating up a kid for because he was unpopular. I mean there is harrasment, but not enough that would really effect me or anyone else socially. Has the bully prevention programs finally worked?
Peace my brothers!!!!
Haha highschool was nothing like everyone said it would be, there was barely any bullying, even verbal mindgames at all..
I was onced tied to a fence and beaten because I'm allergic to the sun and I started bleeding from my skin, and left there. Other than that no, unless getting called a pussy by everyone everyday counts. It's actually quite funny. If you want I will have them tie me up again for the lulz.
Quote by archangels666
Mental abuse has overtaken physical intimidation.

And quite frankly, it's much worse.

i remeber people used to call me gay because i used to joke about being gay. But after i saw people were more laughing at me i stopped. But even with that ive never been effected long term. Because i dont care what people think.
Peace my brothers!!!!
Donny is right. Wedgies and swirlies are NOTHING compared to being made to feel like shit every damn day of your life. When you wake up and literally get sick when you think of going to school because you don't want to be reminded how worthless you are, or seriously consider killing yourself in the middle of your school, I think that's worse than fearing physical pain. My friends and me have been/are in more or less this exact situation.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Yes, I have. Not physically. A bunch of wiggers follow me every day just to call me names.

"You're gay."

"Pretty much, bro."

"Gay ginga Asian" (I'm not even ginger.)

I just laugh at them because they can't speak properly.
I've been bullied from grade 2-grade 7.
I beat the shit out of most of the bullies. Got into a lot of trouble.
I had to switch schools in grade 7 because I got very self loathing. Went to some isolated private school.
I got bullied a few times in high school but I threatened them. Didn't really happen again.
im the counter-bully really. especially if it is prepy ppl fukkin with my friends. metal heads are actually made fun of in georgia...
i was verbally abused a lot in high school

only one guy tried it physically and i don't like being touched in any way shape or form.

he started a fight one day and i tried walking away, but he wouldn't let me. finally one of the teachers showed up, looked at me and said, "you do realize it would be considered self defense now right?" I ended up putting the guy in the hospital. people left me alone after that.

not a proud moment in my life, i don't like hurting people.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Donny is right. Wedgies and swirlies are NOTHING compared to being made to feel like shit every damn day of your life. When you wake up and literally get sick when you think of going to school because you don't want to be reminded how worthless you are, or seriously consider killing yourself in the middle of your school, I think that's worse than fearing physical pain. My friends and me have been/are in more or less this exact situation.

yeah but what i dont get is why do you take so seriously. You know what they say isn't true. So why should you care?
Peace my brothers!!!!
Quote by dhutton
i was verbally abused a lot in high school

only one guy tried it physically and i don't like being touched in any way shape or form.

he started a fight one day and i tried walking away, but he wouldn't let me. finally one of the teachers showed up, looked at me and said, "you do realize it would be considered self defense now right?" I ended up putting the guy in the hospital. people left me alone after that.

not a proud moment in my life, i don't like hurting people.

Cool teacher. The fights I fight back in I get in even more trouble than the dumbass who starts it because I just influence it. But seriously, once you fight back they finally cut the shit and stop doing it, some trouble from school won't
Not so much anymore, but I still overhear things in back of me when I ask a question that is deemed "nerdy."

I just tell them I'll be laughing when I refuse them a pay raise.
I don't bully but I don't get bullied.
I got those friends who beat the sshit out of non popular kids psychologically.
And I just stand there and watch, because those who never talk in school either become
fucking rish or a sociopath.

TIDEEDIT:
Actually today I had a fight in school.
There's this guy who is GNK and he broke his leg.
He was talking shit about us the VLF! crew and
we were walking around, and then he comes up and says
"Let's fight here and now pussy" to a guy and he says
"Nah, if you're in crutches now, we'll leave you in a fucking wheelchair."
Right there in front of 2 teachers, the GNK guy throws his crutches to the ground and punches him. I took one crutch from the ground and hit him in the face. All that just because we don't like each other.
NRANNHLEILR
OETYSI LRNYS
TATOENYSGM
HLENEGMNRA
IL RENRAOET
NYSCOETTAT
GMAATATHLE

To me. Try, you know you want to^

Puberty
Quote by Will Swanson
I was surprised the first time I came. It shot two feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing.
Last edited by Canseqo at Dec 2, 2009,
Yeah, my dad verbally abused me for 18 years. Now I'm just waiting for an excuse to destroy him.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
no it's just that the world isn't an 80s high school comedy. bullying happens, but the whole "hey fellow football jocks, lets go whomp on some nerds olololol" just doesn't happen
I wasn't so much bullied as heavily ostracized and ridiculed until high school. Then people for the most part grew up, and I actually made decent, real friends instead of kids who palled around with me for the lulz.

That time still haunts me and makes me miserable to this day.
Quote by FrustratedRocka

This. I had to leave my high school because I just couldn't take it anymore. I was bullied verbally for being white (predominantly black/asian school), having divorced parents, being "poor" (living in a flat, not coming to school with all the latest fancy gadgets, etc.), having acne, it goes on. Every day was hell. I tried every trick to get of going to school some days because the thought of going in there and seeing those people made my blood run cold. I seriously considered suicide before I told people what was going on and I left. One of the best decisions I ever made.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
I was bullied back in 4th-5th grade. I also tried way too hard from like 6th-8th grade. After that I got better though. I have a good group of friends and am pretty much cool with everyone now for actually being myself.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by 67_67
This. I had to leave my high school because I just couldn't take it anymore. I was bullied verbally for being white (predominantly black/asian school), having divorced parents, being "poor" (living in a flat, not coming to school with all the latest fancy gadgets, etc.), having acne, it goes on. Every day was hell. I tried every trick to get of going to school some days because the thought of going in there and seeing those people made my blood run cold. I seriously considered suicide before I told people what was going on and I left. One of the best decisions I ever made.

People think I'm poor for having few clothes and not having fancy gagdets. I think its disgusting that there are people who are starving and I'm considered 'poor'. I live in a decent sized house, live a comfortable life, and go on some vacations. To me this is ****ing rich *flamesheild*
I am somewhat of an anti-bully. standing 6'4'' and weighing in at a whopping (if not fairly out-of-shape) 330 lbs., I don't get picked on much. in my high-school they send you up from elementary in 8th grade instead of 9th, so we get a lot of smaller kids, still teenagers, but small nonetheless. there's some hierarchy here, and I fit in to no single group. I see someone getting bullied, I call 'em out on it, you bully some 98lb little girl you can bully a 330 lb. bassist. If I see someone in a fight, I break it up, if I see, oh shit this really irks me, abusive boyfriends, I will not hesitate to beat his ****ing brains out. this girl i'm good friends with was about to get punched in the stomach by her asshole boyfriend, so I charged him, picked him up by the throat and told him if he tried it again I'd tear his lungs out. my deep voice helps the "Intimidation Factor" a lot too, i'd say. but yeah, I'm NOT one to put up with bullying.
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
Quote by maXterbat0r
I wasn't so much bullied as heavily ostracized and ridiculed until high school.

Pretty much this except it was only 6th through 8th grade. Unfortunately, I think it ****ed my head up pretty good because, to this day, I have self-esteem/confidence issues and trouble socializing and whatnot.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
People have said a couple of smartass comments and made a few racial slurs (I'm asian), but that was it. Nothing physical because they know I will fight back.
^^^Dunno why, but I felt safe after that post.

@Wonderguards.
NRANNHLEILR
OETYSI LRNYS
TATOENYSGM
HLENEGMNRA
IL RENRAOET
NYSCOETTAT
GMAATATHLE

To me. Try, you know you want to^

Puberty
Quote by Will Swanson
I was surprised the first time I came. It shot two feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing.
Im a bully and I sick of every one of you!!

I was bullied to the point I though it was normal. It was odd when I wasnt bullied, like when my bully got sick but sometimes he assigned a replacement bully, which wasnt as bad, but it was pretty bad.
Quote by Wondergaurd
im rlly big and tuff

Don't get too riled up now tough guy...

At my school if you aren't a big douche or socially retarded you aren't going to get bullied. There are a few kids who get it but it's because they are complete idiots and bring it upon themselves. I don't think I've heard anything truly malicious about me since middle school and I can't ever remember being physically bullied.
thankies, It's what I do. people generally think i'm 30-40 by my voice and 20-25 by my sheer size.

EDIT: to Guam, I don't like to think of myself as "tough" since not only do I avoid fighting at most any cost, but I don't want others to think of me as "tough". I protect those who get bullied because I was bullied once and I want them to have someone to rely on
Quote by CoreysMonster

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
Last edited by Wondergaurd at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by Wondergaurd
I am somewhat of an anti-bully. standing 6'4''

This. I was one of the biggest kids at my school in Grade 9. Nobody ever messed with me, and nobody messes with my friends. Plus i was an intense athlete, so I think that might've helped.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Never physically, but I was called names in primary school and bullied verbally in high school until about the middle of grade 9. But I'm not one to hold a grudge, and after they stopped, I became friends with them, and most of them are alright guys. With bullies, there's rarely ever any malice involved, they just find it funny to "wind people up", but the people they're winding up don't know that, which makes it all the worse.
Quote by TheLifeguard
This. I was one of the biggest kids at my school in Grade 9. Nobody ever messed with me, and nobody messes with my friends. Plus i was an intense athlete, so I think that might've helped.

not the athlete myself really, but you reminded me, kids should have friends from different "subcultures" for maximum support and protection during school. you'd be suprised how friendly some nerds, jocks, goths and stoners can be!
Quote by CoreysMonster

god I hate cows.
I have an incredibly short temper, needless to say I was in a lot scuffs in high school with assholes who need to push people around because their daddy touches them at night.
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
there was one kid who was brave enough to pull shit with me considering im big, and kinda intimidating. he ****ed with me a lot until last summer when he OD'd on methadone and died.

i didn't go to his funeral.
Quote by slipknot5678
Cool teacher. The fights I fight back in I get in even more trouble than the dumbass who starts it because I just influence it. But seriously, once you fight back they finally cut the shit and stop doing it, some trouble from school won't

yeah he was, i think the only reason he let me do it was because he knew what i had to deal with.

yeah, my school got like that for the last year or so i was there.
I was teased for having red hair by a bunch of people I'd never spoken a word to before in my life. Every time I passed them at school they would yell "firecrotch" as loud as they could and everyone would look at me. I told them to **** off once and they got aggressive and we started fighting. That's how bad the teasing was.
Bullying is real and it happens more than you'd think.
Yeah, by a girl, when I was 11. She made up lies about me and publicly called me a loser.

Recently she resurfaced by telling my girlfriend I had slept with her ('bully' girl)

But it's OK.

Her dad died recently too

/
The playground of the world
Quote by Eddie4President
Yeah, by a girl, when I was 11. She made up lies about me and publicly called me a loser.

Recently she resurfaced by telling my girlfriend I had slept with her ('bully' girl)

But it's OK.

Her dad died recently too

/

karma is on the ball these days huh?
Page 1 of 2