Page 1 of 2
Well,being the great son that I am I decided to pony up some cash for a new guitar for my old man.I was originally planning on getting him an LP of some sort,but after some recon over at my parents house I learned that he wants a strat.So,I did some shopping around and finally settled on this for his gift:

It's a Fender Aerodyne strat neck on a Warmoth ash/flame maple body with Duncan SC's,a wilkinson vintage trem,and schaller locking tuners.I'm going to do a few upgrades to it,like replacing the awful white guard and trem cover with new pieces made of solid mahogany to match the headstock,replace the white knobs with black knobs,and by some black covers for the middle and neck pup.After all that,I think it'll be a good gift and a great compliment to his '72 thinline tele.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Screw your dad. Send that puppy to me.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
In my opinion, one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. That's a great looking guitar!
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Oh man, I wish i could get my dad a gift this awesome. That looks amazing already, and if you add what you said you will, then it will be immaculate. I demand before and after pics after you make the changes
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Your dad is a very lucky man.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Very nice. Prognut I once again must commend you for your keen eye and awesome tastes. I love the Tweed Charvel case too. Cool to see other 2nd generation guitarists.
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by The3818919
Did I mention that you are my long lost son?

I'm almost tempted to shell out the cash for a new set of Kinman or BKP SC's,just to make the guitar that much better.

But once again,this guitar is proof that Warmoth makes some beautiful stuff.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Put some Fralins in there.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
OMG! That is the nicest guitar I have seen in a long time ... how's she play?
Quote by yellowv
Put some Fralins in there.

Eh,I'm not familiar with their SC models.I'd rather go with companies I've used before like Kinman or BKP,since that way I know what I'm getting into.

As far as how it plays,I have to wait for it to get here before I can try it out.Once it does get here,I'll give it some extensive play time and come back with a review and some pics of it after the upgrades.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Eh,I'm not familiar with their SC models.I'd rather go with companies I've used before like Kinman or BKP,since that way I know what I'm getting into.

As far as how it plays,I have to wait for it to get here before I can try it out.Once it does get here,I'll give it some extensive play time and come back with a review and some pics of it after the upgrades.

Fralin does some amazing stuff in the ways of single coils. Their P-90s especially. My dad put them in his Epi goldtop and the thing sounds amazing. Sounds better than some of the Gibson reissues I've played.

My buddy's got a strat with a Fralin single coil in the neck and a Duncan hb in the bridge, it is a frickin monster. It does everything and sounds great doing it.

EDIT: I get what you're saying. I'm not telling you to put them in there just saying, definitley worth checking out in the future.
UG's Prodigal Son
Last edited by lunaticfringe93 at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by lunaticfringe93
Fralin does some amazing stuff in the ways of single coils. Their P-90s especially. My dad put them in his Epi goldtop and the thing sounds amazing. Sounds better than some of the Gibson reissues I've played.

My buddy's got a strat with a Fralin single coil in the neck and a Duncan hb in the bridge, it is a frickin monster. It does everything and sounds great doing it.

EDIT: I get what you're saying. I'm not telling you to put them in there just saying, definitley worth checking out in the future.

Hmmm....I'll have to go price out a set and see what they offer,since I'm curious now.

After looking at some sets,the vintage hot SC's seem to fit the type of music he plays really well,and at $220 for the set it isn't that bad.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Dec 2, 2009,
very nice! i think i remember seeing that one in the warmoth showcase...
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
very nice! i think i remember seeing that one in the warmoth showcase...

You know you're a guitar addict when.....

I know what you mean though,I browse through the Warmoth showcase all the time,just to look at all the fancy guitar pr0nz.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You know you're a guitar addict when.....

I know what you mean though,I browse through the Warmoth showcase all the time,just to look at all the fancy guitar pr0nz.

true i definitely look every day haha
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I love that guitar. it looks so great... but in the first picture, is that a... SPIDER I SPY? xD just kiddding. hngd for your pops!
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Is it 100% legal to own a guitar with a fender neck with a warmoth body?

BEAUTIFUL GUITAIR BTW
Quote by Tommy Walker
Is it 100% legal to own a guitar with a fender neck with a warmoth body?

BEAUTIFUL GUITAIR BTW

Yes it is,since Warmoth parts are licensed by Fender.

I can already see it in the pit:
"My dad just died....but i inherited his guitar!
So my dad just got run over,nobody has a clue by who."
Quote by Firebirdz
I can already see it in the pit:
"My dad just died....but i inherited his guitar!
So my dad just got run over,nobody has a clue by who."

Luckily for him I exclusively play 7 strings

Your mom is going to be a very sad, sad woman when her man won't stop playing his wood for her.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Flippin' SWEET!

I hope that some day my son and I share an interest besides legos and he springs something on me that I like as much as your dad is sure to like that Strat!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
...I need to make a son, and raise him to hate grapefruit.

Looks great man! Your dad's very lucky.

It's a scientific fact that a hatred of grapefruit breeds better tastes in musical gear .

That's the first time I've ever seen the last post in a thread in the Electric Guitar forum be done by a mod, and the thread remain open.

This is truly a historic moment.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Its time to go make me some children.

Beautiful guitar...but for some reason I've never liked a strat with a rosewood fretboard...maple's hot though!
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
indeed thats a gorgeous body! i havent seen very many nat finish strats. make sure you put up photos when you do those changes you were talking about.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by Pr0gNut
After looking at some sets,the vintage hot SC's seem to fit the type of music he plays really well,and at $220 for the set it isn't that bad.

The body is really beautiful.

Though I'm aware you feel more comfortable with tried and tested pickups, have you also considered Lace Sensors pickups?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
i must admit...seems like hes gonna get his money's worth from making you
I have to say, that is an absolutely stunning guitar. I think it says it all when you've got 100% approval rating, on this forum, for a Strat. That. Never. Happens.

Your old man will be chuffed, for sure.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Prog, change your sig.

Anyone who has the great respect to buy his dad a gift this nice, is by far, not an ass

Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
BEAUTIFUL body and top!! Duncans are good pickups IMO but a wood pickguard would definitely make it even more impressive. As is it's one of the nicest Strats I've seen.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
holy god thats hawt.
hngd for your daddy! he'll love it dude nice choice
Quote by Banana Wedgie
Exactly.

If you wanna look cool, put needles in your eyes and play.
Man, that natural flame is BEAUTIFUL!

Totally diggin it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Page 1 of 2