First of all, I hope this is the right place for this, if not, I am very sorry. >.<
But anyways;

I feel it has come time for me to get a new amp, and I want to upgrade a lot. Right now I'm running a Roland Cube 30X, and while it is a nice amp, it's just not cutting it anymore. I'm aiming for a good stack, or at least a good suggestion for a head and the cab can come later, but I'd really like to aim for both at the same time.

So my question is; Tube amp or solid state?

And depending on what you say, what would you reccomend?

I'd like the budget to stay around, hopefully lower, then $1,000 Canadian.

My band plays something that can be described sort of like a Protest the Hero/Old Escape the Fate combo, it's hard to explain, but stuff in that sort of style.

I really appreciate any advance you can give me, and if this isn't the right place for this, I am once again very sorry. >.<
6505+ 112 combo?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I will definitely keep that in mind, thanks!

I was hoping to go for a head + cab combo, I am willing to break my budget a tiny bit, but I'd really like to stay within it.
vetta, vh-140/ss-140 is you want SS
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
any particular reason you prefer the stack? You could still get the 6505 in a stack, but it would be more expensive and in most cases pointless over the 1x12 or 2x12 combo. The 6505+ would be a good option for your genres.
My band is starting to gig, and my amp just won't cut it, and since I'm investing quite a bit in it, I was hoping for something that would do me for a while. I looked into the 6505 though and it seems really nice.

And O.O Meow O.O , do you have any experience with the Ampeg Vh-140C? It seems nice, and not overly expensive.
i mean even when gigging unless your playing to 500+ people without a pa a combo would easily be loud enough. my 30 watt combo plays a full auditorium on about half volume un mic'd regularly. In most cases combos are more bang for your buck, but the stack option wouldnt be bad.
Alright, I will keep that in mind, I don't have an insane amount of experience gigging, and most of the ones I 've played so far I've got to use and borrow, I'd just really prefer my own set up a lot more.
The combo option is generally cheaper, which is the main reason i suggested it. However i am getting a 4x12 for my combo, just because i want a speaker change, and a 4x12 will give me better bass response. I have no experience with the ampeg so i cant comment on that.
When are you getting that set up? You'll have to let me know how it goes.
And Alright, that's all good.