I've searchbared, and googled.

I cant seem to intonate the A string on my Dean ML with a TOM bridge.
The weird thing is, is it shows the same thing no matter where I move the saddle,
it all says its a quarter flat, again, no matter where I move the saddle.
And yes, its the only string that does it.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please for the love of god help me.
I AGREE
If you can tune the string normally then it might be the saddle or something even as simple as the tuner. Maybe the tuner isn't sensative or something so I would start with another tuner. If that didn't work and it were me then I would get a little crazy and check my radius and if I had any action or buzz issues I would adjust as needed until I was happy. Then I would change my strings and while I had them off I would check the function of the saddle. Hell, maybe the adjustment screw is stripped. Then I would restring and reset the intonation. It's a good excuse for some fretboard TLC and a great opportunity to get a close look at your guitar to check for stuff like fret wear and such. I am willing to bet you will find and fix the problem and fall in love with your guitar even more. Good Luck!
Last edited by HiicpRN at Dec 2, 2009,
try flipping the saddle on that sting?

EDIT: is the saddle for that string all the back (towards the back of the guitar) and still flat?
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
1984 Marshall JCM 800 4210
Voc AC30c2
Last edited by RockinRyan13 at Dec 3, 2009,
Quote by HiicpRN
If you can tune the string normally then it might be the saddle or something even as simple as the tuner. Maybe the tuner isn't sensative or something so I would start with another tuner. If that didn't work and it were me then I would get a little crazy and check my radius and if I had any action or buzz issues I would adjust as needed until I was happy. Then I would change my strings and while I had them off I would check the function of the saddle. Hell, maybe the adjustment screw is stripped. Then I would restring and reset the intonation. It's a good excuse for some fretboard TLC and a great opportunity to get a close look at your guitar to check for stuff like fret wear and such. I am willing to bet you will find and fix the problem and fall in love with your guitar even more. Good Luck!

read this. you could also have a dead string as well. if all else fails. replace the string with a new one.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?