So, I need to photograph some dead roses that are still in good form (just clearly dead). I've got a dozen roses sitting in a vase right now. Is there any chemical I can put them in to kill them overnight, or in the morning? Something that can be found around the house would be nice...
Bleach.

Humans are mostly water. And Bleach is mostly water.

Therefore, we are water.
The playground of the world
Quote by Eddie4President
Bleach.

Therefore, we are water.

what?
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
bleach will alter the color of the roses though, buy or find some ammonia(windex) and put them in a vase full of it.
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
Quote by Eddie4President
Bleach.

Therefore, we are water.

Bleach works. Just use a little tiny bit though, or the petals will fall out. You can also spray the roses with hairspray to help them stay together.

I assume you want them to look withered? You'll have a tough time with that, since that won't happen if they're absorbing fluids overnight.

How are you lighting it? I usually light flowers with a black backdrop. If you can, you want to set up the backdrop in a C shape behind the roses, and use a bright light from above. The little hangy-bit of the C shape prevents the light from hitting the backdrop, and the curve of the C gives you a smooth gradient in case any light does spill over.

If you want to get complicated, you can also put some tinfoil over a large piece of cardboard, and put that right under the camera, with the shiny side facing the roses. That will reflect some of the overhead light back onto the roses, which should prevent any harsh shadows on the underside of the petals. It still shouldn't reflect enough light to hit the backdrop.
Quote by Eddie4President
Bleach.

Therefore, we are water.

Good old metalocalypse