Page 1 of 2
came close to hitting it big in music?

i tried sending my work to different labels and i had a country label check me out (wild oats records). but i didnt get too far in it (this is a few months back and the dude wanted me to take time off of college to be considered, seeing how the label is in nashville and id have to go there. (which i cant do at the moment cause of college).

so i threw away my chance for a degree in animal sciences.

how far did you guys get so far? any major gigs at least? just like, how far are you musician wise?
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
The band I recently joined opened for Static-X last month and almost got to open for Slipknot. We're playing a show with revocation in January
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by chaoticfables
Never, the closest I got to 'hitting it big' is when I found a fat chick backstage.

>_>

I can feel it in the Pit tonight, chaotic fables.

And k-train, according to your girlfriend you're a famous celebrity on UG. . .

Anyway, never. I'm a worthless fifteen year old.
The playground of the world
Quote by speakers
i am SRV do i win?

wait i thought he was dead

/0

Also, if industry cockbags come to my show trying to make money off me I'll make them regret messing with someone with a microphone
Last edited by st.stephen at Dec 2, 2009,
Quote by speakers
i am SRV do i win?

damn speakers thats the third thread in a row you made a srv joke
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by Eddie4President

I totally read that in Elton John's singing voice.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I totally read that in Elton John's singing voice.

My work here is done

Except I'll stick around.
Quote by Eddie4President

really? i was joking with her about that.

ill have to tell her im just the local srv wannabe to you people

naw, i think she just didnt realize i was joking.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by k-train
really? i was joking with her about that.

ill have to tell her im just the local srv wannabe to you people

naw, i think she just didnt realize i was joking.

Dude it's fine I just found it kind of funny, she got really upset when I told her I didn't know who you were.
I'm close I think, at least to a national level, looks like we'll be touring Europe 2011 and 2012 which is kinda a big deal for an Aussie band. We have some great people supporting us who have very high level connections.
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
I was once in this band called the Beatles. I was their bassist and let me tell ya, we hit it off big. Record deals, limos, parties, the whole 9 yards. As time went on we slowly drifted apart. Our lead singer John was killed in 1980. Then our guitarist died in 2001. Lord knows what happened to our drummer. And me? I just sit here making this kissy face and waiting... waiting for the van to come
Quote by StewieSwan
The band I recently joined opened for Static-X last month and almost got to open for Slipknot. We're playing a show with revocation in January

Great job! Your band would be in serious trouble if you were opening for Slipknot.
Ibanez S520EX ~ Roland Cube 30X ~ Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm
Quote by Eddie4President
Dude it's fine I just found it kind of funny, she got really upset when I told her I didn't know who you were.

ah i see. she gets like that about me.
i was questioning why she told me someone said they didnt know me. i mean, im really only known for that srv thread

Quote by chaoticfables
Never, the closest I got to 'hitting it big' is when I found a fat chick backstage.

>_>

rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by i_killed_bill
I was once in this band called the Beatles. I was their bassist and let me tell ya, we hit it off big. Record deals, limos, parties, the whole 9 yards. As time went on we slowly drifted apart. Our lead singer John was killed in 1980. Then our guitarist died in 2001. Lord knows what happened to our drummer. And me? I just sit here making this kissy face and waiting... waiting for the van to come

Where's the part in the story where you murdered some fellow named Bill? Was it back in the U.S.S.R. when that happened mayhaps?
Quote by Eddie4President
Where's the part in the story where you murdered some fellow named Bill? Was it back in the U.S.S.R. when that happened mayhaps?

Nah. He's a real nowhere man.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Nah. He's a real nowhere man.

Get back, dude. I wasn't talking to you.
Quote by Eddie4President

I'm not sure it was somewhere in my life...
Quote by Eddie4President
Get back, dude. I wasn't talking to you.

Well from now on, I'm looking through you.

Quote by i_killed_bill
I'm not sure it was somewhere in my life...

Ahh. It's always a day in the life.
my group was signed to a Detroit label after only being together since this July. We were playing gigs weekly, but we took time off to get a mixtape done. we are about to get play on college radio in port huron ... these people that run the studio Eminem goes to keeps in touch with our A&R guy. We play new music, rock and hip-hop.. we're not financially unstable.. we sell.. whats not good.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Well from now on, I'm looking through you.

Ahh. It's always a day in the life.

Go back to your fantasy land with your strawberry fields.
I've played a few open mics...

But once we get speakers for the PA we'll be playing paying gigs!!!
We could be opening for Parkway Drive in a few weeks. Not sure what happened, but they moved their gig from a nightclub to our entertainment centre and now need a local opening act. Our guitarist has a cousin in the industry up here and he suggested our band (just today).
We don't play metal, and our recordings online are dodgy, but I've got my fingers crossed
I was in Megadeth once... hasn't everybody at some point in the 80's?
Slappa tha bass
I opened for a youth festival once, we played 8 covers and 2 originals, and ended up selling like 40 demo cd's. Was pretty bad ass. I think the total attendance for the day was like 16 thousand or something. It was weird though because we were the only metal band, and everyone else was playing pop punk stuff. Eh was still cool.
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Quote by hootie37
I was in Megadeth once... hasn't everybody at some point in the 80's?

This, and Guns N' Roses.

Because I know for a fact that you have been fired by Axl Rose at one point. *points at anyone reading this post*
Quote by pepsi1187
that's not good

I know. Pro Tools, cheap mics and my spare bedroom will do that. We've only been active for about 6 months now, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it.

That being said, there's not a lot to choose from. Darwin is a small town.
Quote by Altitudinous
I've played at First Avenue (best venue in Minneapolis, started by Prince) ((best, arguably)).

I don't think i've made my last splash though. I'm working on some sweet stuff. We'll see!

so has my cousin's band he's a much better guitarist than I am though, despite being a few years younger

I'm just hoping to get gigs at all... we just recently got a bassist. The singer/second guitarist and I have an entire album written though, and most of the songs worked out with our drummer. Once the singer finishes his PhD in a couple years if everyone is still around he wants to give it a legit shot, like, with touring and submitting to record labels and all. So maybe I'll reply to this thread again in 2 years :P
Quote by jazz71286
I know. Pro Tools, cheap mics and my spare bedroom will do that. We've only been active for about 6 months now, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it.

That being said, there's not a lot to choose from. Darwin is a small town.

man, i make my music with a program cheaper then protools out of my goddamn basement.. and we have labels and radio stations looking at our shit. and weve been a group for just 4 months.

point is ... dont underestimate a product that professionals use. you can do wonders with protools. and don't be discouraged.. just work hard and don't ever forget what you're fighting for.
Programs are like guitars.
Even if you get the best, you will still suck balls if you can't come out with anything good songwriting-wise.
I used Sony Acid back when I did some short-lived industrial goth project. All I had were my guitar, bass, vocals, and random sound clips I would sample, ranging from a man talking through a radio to clips from Silent Hill.
I know people who have my shit on their ipods, and it's extremely bizarre. All I used was sony acid... 0_o
Page 1 of 2