Im thinking of saving up and buying a new amp for home use and rehearsals with a band, but mainly home use, yet, i need better than good high gain distortion, atm im playing through Zoom g9.2tt and earphones, ive sold my laney Lx120t which ive been playing through before, im looking at heads like Framus cobra, and peavey 6505 with some 2x12 cabs, maybe Framus too.
I can play a little bit louder than bedroom volume in my apartament, so if i would buy a attenuator, maybe THD hot plate, by the way i could buy Marshall power brake for pretty good price at my place, like 125 EUR~, but i saw few comments on it that it wanst that good...
so could i get any decent distortion with framus cobra + 2x12 cab and attenuator ? i mean better than through earphones or SS amp. any advices what should i do ? no, i dont want any line6 amp for home, allready tired of modelling...
P.S. My guitar is Yamaha RGX620Dz, if it helps you to answer me in anyway...
Yet, i dont understand one more thing, why cant i get the amp louder this way - Guitar -> Zoom g9(or anything else with a volume knob), Volume output 30% - Framus cobra volume at 3/10. Amount of volume would be the same as Guitar - Head 1/10 volume, bet it would be a little bit more cranked in the first situation with zoom volume lowered ? i have always used it this way with my laney and the amp always gave me more headroom ir lows that way, but it was SS amp... Sorry for bad english.