I don't work for moral and political reasons

hang on a sec
Last edited by ShredHead396 at Dec 3, 2009,
That's actually kinda scary, but the kid obviously knows what he's doing, they should just give a test or something and if he passes let him keep doing it.
I think he's a little young. Justifying it by saying he's been doing it since he was six only makes it worse. Letting him work there at age 6 shows a lack of responsibility.

I don't know why the company would even let him work with heavy machinery since if he were to have a serious accident, it would give them terrible publicity.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Dec 3, 2009,
Finally children are giving something back to society, other than sitting around all day at school and using up my tax dollars that could be better spent on xBox 360 games.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
more power to the kid for working. i started working at 8 years old (painting, carpentry assistant) and it builds character and skills. the problem with society today is they are too protective of kids. they grow up sheltered and end up like the politicians and parents that are overprotective. they end up pathetic.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Quote by Abunai X
I think he's a little young. Justifying it by saying he's been doing it since he was six only makes it worse. Letting him work there at age 6 shows a lack of responsibility.

I don't know why the company would even let him work with heavy machinery since if he were to have a serious accident, it would give them terrible publicity.

It says it was his grandfather's company, his grandfather probably tought him how to drive the trucks, obviously he should have never been driving them in the first place but they can't do anything about that know except the fine the company and whatever other legal action, but if the kid can do it properly and likes doing it why stop him? Maybe give him a supervisor or something.
If he wants to work there, i guess that's ok, but letting him operate heavy machinery is out of the question.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
If he wants to work there, i guess that's ok, but letting him operate heavy machinery is out of the question.

why because hes 9?

c'mon if hes been working injury free for that long whats the big deal? i mean, i learned how to run powerwashers, riding mowers, woodchippers, and other stuff when i was 11, not that big an age difference, obviously if he has the mindset to work he has the mindset to work safely, so as long as hes doing things right and it doesnt appear that hes operating the machinery in the wrong way, he should be fine working.

i personally wish there was more kids like him and less people saying "omg he could get hurt/hes too young/thats dangerous"

trust me, you get hurt, you deal with it. you learn from it. as long as people make sure hes not doing anything wrong that could result in him hurting himself he'll be fine.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Obviously he can manage it. As the other guy said, do a test on his skills and if he passes, let him continue.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by k-train
why because hes 9?

c'mon if hes been working injury free for that long whats the big deal? i mean, i learned how to run powerwashers, riding mowers, woodchippers, and other stuff when i was 11, not that big an age difference, obviously if he has the mindset to work he has the mindset to work safely, so as long as hes doing things right and it doesnt appear that hes operating the machinery in the wrong way, he should be fine working.

i personally wish there was more kids like him and less people saying "omg he could get hurt/hes too young/thats dangerous"

trust me, you get hurt, you deal with it. you learn from it. as long as people make sure hes not doing anything wrong that could result in him hurting himself he'll be fine.

It's hurting others that's the problem. You can't exactly send a 9 year old to prison for vehicular manslaughter. And the fact that he hasn't had an accident yet is completely irrelevant. That's like saying that because I've never broken my arm before, I won't break my arm in the future. It's retarded logic.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
It's hurting others that's the problem. You can't exactly send a 9 year old to prison for vehicular manslaughter. And the fact that he hasn't had an accident yet is completely irrelevant. That's like saying that because I've never broken my arm before, I won't break my arm in the future. It's retarded logic.

retarded logic huh?

listen, theres alot of people that were/ are working at his age, you just never hear of them.

there are risks to working no matter how old you are.

besides kids can outsmart adults just as either of us can outsmart the other.

so basically what im saying i guess is give the kid a god damn chance. just because its "unusual" to see kids working due to our society (which this stuff is pretty much showing how our species is becoming worse and worse) doesnt mean he cant do the work and be successful. i believe if hes working and hes using safety procautions, hell be ok. if they evaluate him like everyone else on the job (normally) and he passes let him continue, if he doesnt stop him. hes just like anyone else. dont treat him differently cause of age.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican