i am so excited. just got a portastudio 424mkiii from some guy on gumtree for £30 (which is an astonishingly good price for it). need to buy some tape for it now. i am so looking forward to recording without dicking about with reaper.

sorry about the crappy cameraphone pictures

for those that don't know, its a cassette four track, but pretty much the most advanced one tascam made, which means it has four simultaneous inputs, two effects sends and a total of 8 channels (which i guess is useful for mixing down if you are using two stereo effects, or if you want to overdub something live as you mix down), three band eq, and most importantly, actual analog knobs and faders. hooray.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
That's cool as hell mate. IMO, I think it's a shame that the sound of analogue recordings is dissapearing, so this is nice to see. I remember Iggy recently did a completly analogue album and it just sounded so much more earthy.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
yeah, i've always had a soft spot for them but the prices on ebay are silly, £130 plus postage generally, which is absurd given that my band bought an eight preamp, eight simultaneous input firewire interface with two ADAT inputs for £200. don't get me wrong, i love analog gear, but the practicalities of something like this versus running that into reaper with a ton of cheap plugins is just completely incomparable, especially if you're likely to need a lot of tracks (we ended up with 20-30 tracks on some songs, just because we have so many instruments and so many complicated instruments).

so yeah, could never justify this at full price, but for this price it'll be really fun for making some demos and maybe some lo-fi recordings with my other band.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
yeah, i've always had a soft spot for them but the prices on ebay are silly, £130 plus postage generally, which is absurd given that my band bought an eight preamp, eight simultaneous input firewire interface with two ADAT inputs for £200. don't get me wrong, i love analog gear, but the practicalities of something like this versus running that into reaper with a ton of cheap plugins is just completely incomparable, especially if you're likely to need a lot of tracks (we ended up with 20-30 tracks on some songs, just because we have so many instruments and so many complicated instruments).

so yeah, could never justify this at full price, but for this price it'll be really fun for making some demos and maybe some lo-fi recordings with my other band.

Well if you find you don't want it, hit me up and I'm sure I could take it off your hands.