Hi all,

Can anyone shed any light on this unusual Guitar Amp?

I was browsing ebay a few weeks ago and landed on a small 10w rechargeable Guitar Amp. Very little info supplied, but looked ideal for taking to Guitar lessons each week, so I bid and won at an amazing price of just under £6.

The Amp arrived complete and in full working order, its badged as a TGI RA-10. Made in China, but suprisingly solid construction and appears complete. It has an open back where a permanent mains lead can be stored and mounted on the base inside appears to be a double 4 x AA rechargeable battery pack.

I've attached a meter and determined that the battery is only charged when connected to the mains and powered on, no charge is provided if connected to the mains but with the amp swicthed off.

So far, all works really well. The battery pack easily lasts the 45mins for the lesson and when under battery power the 'clean' mode begins to break-up at about 6 on the gain scale, giving a nice bluesy crunch. When mains connected this cleans up instantly.

So all in all a great little portable amp, but I can find nothing about it on the internet anywhere. I'd love to know more about its age, specification, manufacturer, but can't find a thing. I am hoping someone else has seen or owned one of these little amps in the past and can shed some light on it

I think TGI stands for 'Terry Gould International' who currently only seem to make Guitar straps and bags, but I'm probably wrong.

Thanks for reading this, any information would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Colin
Attachments:
tgi.jpg
Last edited by net-hed at Dec 30, 2009,
sorry don't know, but i'll give you a bump anyway.

battery amps are the best. now you can get out there on the corner and make back that £6!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i wasn't expecting you'd say that!
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011