I'm shopping for my first guitar and i'm on Ebay. Any problems with this? Can I trust the sellers or are there just too many intricate and specific things about a guitar?
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/index.shtml
Quote by sg255
If I cross the street to get away from them, then it's a latino.
... go to a guitar shop...
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.

But today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.
Trying the guitar for real might be a better idea. Then you know if you like it and if you can find the exact same model on ebay etc for cheaper then often that is a good bet. I have bought many guitar effects, an amp and a guitar off ebay. For guitars and amps in particular it is good to try the real thing in a shop first to see if you like it first and then save some pennies getting it online instead.
it is perfectly fine to buy guitars, even more so with gear from ebay.

i have around 6 guitars, 3 amps and a multi pedal that i bought used from ebay, no problems at all. however i did collect and pay in person and i did know what i was looking for.

if you are going to buy a guitar from an online shop on ebay, i think you may aswell go to a store in person, especially if the guitar will be shipped without a hardcase.

if you know what you are looking for, its fine, just beware of shifty sellers, which to eliminate 99% of them, just collect the item in person.
If you've tried the guitar/bass in real life and/or its a great deal and the seller has excellent feedback, I'd go for it. Usually I go for blemished guitars from power sellers, these have great value and you can trust power sellers 99.999% of the time, and if you use Paypal, you're covered if its a fake.
████████
████████
████████
Quote by muse_
Trying the guitar for real might be a better idea. Then you know if you like it and if you can find the exact same model on ebay etc for cheaper then often that is a good bet. I have bought many guitar effects, an amp and a guitar off ebay. For guitars and amps in particular it is good to try the real thing in a shop first to see if you like it first and then save some pennies getting it online instead.

well said. i do it all the time as well. craigslist is even better. stuff goes for a little cheaper, no shipping, and u can try it first. of course, u dont get as many options, but try there first. and just be sure to check the sellers feedback first, and just dont be stupid.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Only problem with buying online is you never know quite what the instrument will be like. If you're buying your first instrument I'd recommend a guitar shop instead of buying online.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Only problem with buying online is you never know quite what the instrument will be like. If you're buying your first instrument I'd recommend a guitar shop instead of buying online.

pretty much this

i only shop on ebay for junk instruments that i can mess with

i also buy old gameboy games...
Don't use eBay you douche
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
I bought the guitar I am currently playing using ebay, due to a problem with the electronics and it fretting out I had to take it to the local music store to have it fixed. Cost me an extra $60
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Support your local music shop and your local economy. Buy local.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
starter guitars vary massively in quality. If you buy online you will get the ones that the shop couldn't sell. I would never buy an instrument online. That;s before shippin issues too. Ditto valve amps

For pedals and ss amps though, you may as well go for it, there is little random variation between them