I just bought a RP255, and it is coming in today.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to using it?

I heard that the outputs are not suited for the input of a guitar amp. Is this true, do I need to get a reverse DI box or something if I want to plug it into an amp?

Thanks!
dont' even bother opening the box - just return it - it sucks so bad.
I have a RP250 and it works fine with both tube and solid state amps. You can try it in the effects loop too if you have one but strait in will work. Guitar > RP > Amp.

It has some cool features.

Make sure you download XEdit software so you can manage the Presets and Patches via your computer. Also, you can find numerous custom user patches on Digitechs web site. I have a few clips of mine in profile. I don't think it sounds that bad, but again, I don't use it for distortion so much - more for delay, chorus, wah.

I should say, 'used to' use it. I don't use it anymore

PS: Welcome to UG

There are some idiots on here but most are pretty helpful.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Dec 3, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I have a RP250 and it works fine with both tube and solid state amps. You can try it in the effects loop too if you have one but strait in will work. Guitar > RP > Amp.

It has some cool features.

Make sure you download XEdit software so you can manage the Presets and Patches via your computer. Also, you can find numerous custom user patches on Digitechs web site. I have a few clips of mine in profile. I don't think it sounds that bad, but again, I don't use it for distortion so much - more for delay, chorus, wah.

I should say, 'used to' use it. I don't use it anymore

PS: Welcome to UG

There are some idiots on here but most are pretty helpful.

Thanks for the help. I actually don't have an amp right now, but will be getting in a Peavey Valveking Royal (class A 5w all tube) in about a week. It does not have an fx loop, but its pretty basic amp with just master, drive and tone controls.

For now I will be plugging it into my computer, either through streaming USB, or my Maudio 2496 soundcard. I definately want to use XEDIT, that looks like really cool software.

I realize it probably wont sound as good as the real pedals, but im pretty new to guitar and just would like something that can produce a lot of different effects.
^that's cool.

it is a great way to learn about effects, how they interact with each other, etc and you will be better prepared later when you do want to go to single stomp boxes.

my clips were done with a Valveking 112. I think I also have some clips of guitar strait into PC as well using USB. Kinda hard to do as you can't hear yourself without an amp but it works. Did you already order the Royal 8? There may be better amps for the money but your RP will work fine with it.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^that's cool.

it is a great way to learn about effects, how they interact with each other, etc and you will be better prepared later when you do want to go to single stomp boxes.

my clips were done with a Valveking 112. I think I also have some clips of guitar strait into PC as well using USB. Kinda hard to do as you can't hear yourself without an amp but it works. Did you already order the Royal 8? There may be better amps for the money but your RP will work fine with it.

Yeah I already ordered the Valveking. I got it on sale though, 99 dollars, which is half the usual price. It's on backorder until dec 9th though, hopefully they dont cancel the order or something. For a tube amp, i dont know how you can get anything cheaper though.

Eventually I am going to build an external 1x12" cabinet for the Amp to interface with for better lows. 5w is plenty though for me, I just play at home.

I just thought the RP-255 would be cool, because I can do all sorts of distortion boxes, like a Big Muff Pi, or Tubescreamer. The wah wah looks neat too.