Page 1 of 3
what is it? like, whats the one (or two) genres that you like the most, and you associate with yourself more then any other type of music. explain to.

mine is country and blues, followed close by punk.

the country is because i was raised on it (first two songs i remember hearing as a child were little bitty by alan jackson and god fearing women get the blues by martina mcbride.)

blues because it kinda just comes naturally to me,

and punk because alot of punk music kinda "speaks to me" (rise against for example, i can compare alot of there songs to my own situations and experiences)

so whats yours?
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
mines gotta be rock cuz i thats what my parents listen too, and metal cuz my love for rock evolved into a love for metal!
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
Indie (or I guess what most people call "indie" nowadays) and alternative. Indie stuff today seems to be the most unique and innovative stuff out there right now, which I know none of you will agree with, but I stand by my opinions
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Metal and Stoner metal
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Industrial and R&B.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Numetal (good stuff like KoRn and Slipknot)
Groove Metal (Pantera and Machine Head)
I just like the aggression these bands carry in their soul. It kinda let's me express my anger by way of listening to it instead of taking it out on other people when I'm feeling down or evil...
Melodic death metal

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by lushacrous
Indie (or I guess what most people call "indie" nowadays) and alternative. Indie stuff today seems to be the most unique and innovative stuff out there right now, which I know none of you will agree with, but I stand by my opinions

You know, I kinda have to agree with that.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
raised listening to rap/ hip-hop .. grew up in Eminem's neighborhood during his popularity

started listening to some rock and country during high school
-Metal (I won't even go into sub genres because I literally listen to at least 10 bands of each genre.)
-60's and 70's music (I do have a lot of this. I grew up on it as a kid with some oldies station we have in Toronto.)
-Modern rock (but I'm very selective with this)
-Hip Hop (also selective with this)
-Electronica
-Ambient
-Trip Hop
-Pop
Hard rock
Stoner rock
Progressive rock
Progressive metal
Melodic death metal
Progressive Metal and Death Metal, plus all the sub styles attached to them.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Number 1: Classical

numero Dos: Country (REAL country like Townes Van Zandt, Steve Earle, and Lyle Lovett)

numero 3: tie between folk, blues, and soul music.

Number 4: Celtic

Number 5: classic rock
Whatever you'd class The Beatles as as a whole, and Blues or Jazz
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Almost any metal, especially thrash. I just don't like nu-metal. I like older rock like van halen and such, but not any of the new stuff, like nickelback.....

Basically I appreciate skill.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
I enjoy Metal and Alt rock/grunge i guess ( DO NOT STAR A GENRE WAR PLZ!! )

And also every now and then I enjoy my Nu-metal playlist
Last edited by handbanana78 at Dec 3, 2009,
I'd say Post + Progressive Rock/Metal.
I guess I can just conenct with the music and love the idiosyncracies of each band that can just instantly change the way I see music.
i literally listen to EVERYTHING...actually i'm pretty sure i am the only UGer that listens to mastadon and the ink spots and everything in between
Classic Rock/Psychedelic (60s/70s)
Old Country (Johnny Cash, Albert Lee, Jerry Reed, etc)
Blues
Fusion
Jazz
Progressive
Indie
Some Rap/Hip-Hop
Quote by JayLacelle
i literally listen to EVERYTHING...actually i'm pretty sure i am the only UGer that listens to mastadon and the ink spots and everything in between

that's quite the brave claim....

and almost certainly false. a number of UGers have an exceedingly wide taste in music.
Oh, I forgot the reggae. Nothing better to listen to when you're on a long drive.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
well I like tons of stuff, but I guess if I had to I'd say progressive metal. it's what I like most and the style I tend to write. most of the stuff I write is metal with a kind of grunge 'mood' to the whole thing (like alice in chains, not like nirvana.), and it tends to be fairly progressive

edit:
Quote by JayLacelle

I disagree with you, there are plenty with wide musical tastes. this is about what you like most if you have to pick. like with myself I tend to gravitate towards progressive metal because it's mostly metal, but it's fine to mix whatever you want with it. and while I mostly like the heavier stuff I really like tons of stuff like jazz, blues, classical, and more. I tend to dislike rap, pop, and metalcore type stuff, as well as most of today's country and gospel type music because it's just lame, simplified, imitation and repetition. I used to kinda enjoy some of that stuff, but it's just so over done and has so little variety that I've gotten so sick of it that I won't listen to most of it.

however, even in those genre's that i mostly dislike, there will still always be a few songs that I enjoy.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Dec 3, 2009,
Metal and hard rock. Hard rock because it's the first style of music that I started getting into for myself and no one else. Metal because it has an energy that I have yet to find anywhere else, not to mention it's as pissed off as I am so it's a great outlet for me.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Gonna have to say most bands I listen to fall under some kind of core. I've written mostly metalcore, but I'm trying to turn my style into more progressive metalcore (BTBAM, PTH).
Rock is the generalization of all my music kinda. I listen to a few metal bands but mostly rock.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Basically i listened to Sum 41, The Offspring and Rage Against The Machine; stuff like that when i was in my early teens. I moved onto metal, now mainly listen to death metal (and its many subgenres) and folk metal. Still love the stuff i listened to before though.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by mental_zer0
that's quite the brave claim....

and almost certainly false. a number of UGers have an exceedingly wide taste in music.

well i guess there must be a few out there, but so far i haven't met any.

i would like to though
Page 1 of 3