The general consensus is that they're pretty well made, sound good, and have good features. There are some exceptions, depending on your budget, but they're usually the best you'll get for the money.
Nope, no sig here.
They sound very good. Ive played a few at guitar center, and they seem to have a good EQ section and are always a descent price.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Acoustic's are good, but not great. They're relatively cheap, and give you a lot of bang for your buck
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Acoustic's are good, but not great. They're relatively cheap, and give you a lot of bang for your buck
This. If you want quality at a reasonable price, Acoustic is the way to go. If you want something top of the line though, you're going to have to spend a bit more money on a different company.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
They sound great, but it remains to be seen if they can hold up under constant use & the rigors of gigging. As far as I know, so far, so good.
I just got a B200 the other day and so far no complaints. It's got a good sound and gets plenty loud.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by food1010
This. If you want quality at a reasonable price, Acoustic is the way to go. If you want something top of the line though, you're going to have to spend a bit more money on a different company.

Indeed...after a certain point, Peavey, Kustom, and Carvin (and a couple others) take the "best bang for your buck" crown.
Nope, no sig here.
Yea, right now im using a Yorkville bassman xm100 for my bands gigs. It gets the job done but im looking for something with a little more power. When I turn it up all the way the sound is really distorted and doesnt sound too great or maybe it's just me not getting the settings right. I have only been playing bass for half a year and honestly dont know much about all those knobs on a amp :/

I was looking into Acoustic & GK amps.

any advice would be good...
on the amps and helping me out with my settings.

thanks.
hahaha i hope nobody takes me serious when i said "all those knobs on a amp".
xD
Quote by moody git
i just wish we had them in the UK

same altho you get some cracking Laney's cheap here
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
I have a B200 and I'm really happy with it. Great tone and volume, lots of great features. I'm pretty sure John Paul Jones used Acoustic. =)
^ he did, but Acoustic was practically an entire different company back then. Nowadays they're guitar center's in-house brand
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by FatalGear41
They sound great, but it remains to be seen if they can hold up under constant use & the rigors of gigging. As far as I know, so far, so good.

Ive played a fair amount of gigs with mine plus hours upon hours of practicing a week and ive had it for almost a year. It can hold up to it. like everyones said, theyre good amps for the price and give a great tone, especially if you like your tone to be very midrange oriented. but like always, there are always better amps out there that will cost you more money.
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)