I've search the forums, and generally there's a negative attitude towards the Ba115. I'm looking for a good Bass amp to play medium gigs but also has an XLR output for the PA. $400 is my range. We play music classic rock to hard rock (david Bowie, tom petty, Foo Fighters) Any suggestions?
I have a ampeg BA115 and ide say there pretty decent.There not as good as ampegs higher quality stuff but still a solid amp.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
I've heard that recent quality has suffered with Ampegs recent move. I played a ba115 the other day and wasn't all that impressed, the 2x10 fender rumble I played seemed to be a step up. For medium gigs you will probably need more power than 100 watts from what I have read. I myself am currently looking at smaller Carvin combos, they have some in the high 400's on ebay that I am going to say would be worth the extra cash.
For gigs your going to want to shoot for closer to 300 watts.

Even with PA support your still going to need more volume (mainly so you can hear yourself).
The lower end Ampegs just aren't worth the money anymore. They're not bad, but your going to want more power.

Mmmmm, like that delicious new Peavey TKO 115. Sadly, it won't be out til February

EDIT: you might want to check out Acoustic for a bit more power at a lower price
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Dec 3, 2009,
Quote by Tostitos
The lower end Ampegs just aren't worth the money anymore. They're not bad, but your going to want more power.

Mmmmm, like that delicious new Peavey TKO 115. Sadly, it won't be out til February
Yeah, they are overpriced. I guess the reason I like my BA115 so much is because I got it for $150.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I agree with Tostitos the lower end ampegs these days really aren't up to the standard of the Brand, neither ar GKs it seems. i find for the money fender Bassman amps are pretty good and can take a beating
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I've got the BA-115, and I'd like an Acoustic B-200. I won't say it's terrible, because it isn't, especially since I got it for $200. But there are better amps. The B200 has twice the wattage, twice the EQ bands, XLR out, and it doesn't have that useless tilt feature, allowing casters. It's also listed at $30 less than the Ampeg. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-B200-200W-1x15-w--Tweeter-Bass-Combo-104813787-i1399999.gc

Editskii: Also, look on Craigslist, if you can stand buying used. You could get at least an $800 amp for $400 used.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Last edited by samskii at Dec 3, 2009,
I have the HPT version of the amp it's a great practice amp but if you want the amp sound get the higher end Ampegs.
Jackson DXMG With SD Blackouts
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez GSR205EX
Acoustic B200H W/ Acoustic B410
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by Tostitos

EDIT: you might want to check out Acoustic for a bit more power at a lower price

i played a tko 115 at my local shop just 3 days ago. amazing amp may i add, i almost blew the friggin snares off the drums in the store, only on like 6 too, i think it was going for $700cdn
Quote by TexMex
i played a tko 115 at my local shop just 3 days ago. amazing amp may i add, i almost blew the friggin snares off the drums in the store, only on like 6 too, i think it was going for $700cdn

How did you play it I asked Peavey and they said it would not be out anywhere in Canada until after new year. You sure it was the new tko? axemusic.com has them listed at 389 canadian I think.
hey man, you might wanna try out the line 6 bass amps in your price range, i have played a few, and they might not look big or powerful. but they get to be very loud and have a decent tone.
I believe there was a book that claimed the world was created in seven days. Best-seller too!

A minute is all i need...wait, that came out wrong.

Bass Gear :
Spector Legend 4 Classic
Hartke 2500 head
Hartke VX 410 cab
it is a very solid amp. most of the people who post negative comments whine about the price and they bring ampeg down because they want to feel like thier cheaper amp is better and they have an amazing amp and more expensive brands aren't worth it.

yeah it is only like 4 band eq but i think that is to help it mimic the ampeg svt sound due to it not having the svt cuircuitry or a svt speaker. if your a compleate audiophile it will sound even better if you add a 10 band graphic eq into the FX loop.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E