Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been asked about a 100 times before but whatever.
My Marshall Valvestate 265 is failing and i'm looking into buying a new amp.

My guitars are an Epiphone Zakk Wylde sig les paul and an Epiphone les paul studio.
I play mostly metal, punk , hard rock and the i like to play some acoustic songs.
I'm looking for something under 500$ if possible with tubes.

Can someone recommend me amps to check out?

EDIT:
Maybe in the future i'll use it for small gigs, not much to worry about though.
Dont care if used or new
kthxbai.
Last edited by OMGWTFBBQ? at Dec 3, 2009,
i would look for an amp with a nice clean, and use pedals for all the effects you need eg. fenders
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by AthenasGhost
i would look for an amp with a nice clean, and use pedals for all the effects you need eg. fenders

I'm not much of a Fender expert, could you give me some names?
kthxbai.
Not sure what you'd think but throw a good overdrive infront of a Peavey Windsor and it's damn solid. Not too expensive either. Only thing I'd do is save for a different cab down the road. I don't recall how cleans are on it because I was really digging the gain when I played one and I loves me some metal.
Quote by eyebanez333
whats your closest major city? might be able to find you a nice used tube amp....

I live in the Netherlands so i doubt it, thanks for the offer though

Quote by zaidsharifi
If you're not gigging, try something along the lines of the vox night train/marshall haze/egnator rebel. Also, get an overdrive pedal to get you into metal territory

I'll check those, thank you

Quote by celticstorm84
Not sure what you'd think but throw a good overdrive infront of a Peavey Windsor and it's damn solid. Not too expensive either. Only thing I'd do is save for a different cab down the road. I don't recall how cleans are on it because I was really digging the gain when I played one and I loves me some metal.

Ok
But then i'd need to buy a head with a cab right? Isn't that alot more expensive?
kthxbai.
im niot sure what it would be in dollars, but have you looked at a Marshall Class 5? Would be good as your not gigging with it
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by TomG10-7
im niot sure what it would be in dollars, but have you looked at a Marshall Class 5? Would be good as your not gigging with it

No i've not checked those, will do though.

By the way, anybody here heard of the HT-5 Blackstar Combo ?
Is it good? not too expensive here, it's about 350 euro's and i've been hearing good things about it.
kthxbai.
Last edited by OMGWTFBBQ? at Dec 3, 2009,
shop around used too. i got a fender hotrod deville 210 for about 500 in really good condition with th pedal and cover still with it.
Quote by celticstorm84

cleans are pretty much non existant with the windsor... there is always a crunch thats there, atleast thats what i remember back when i played one... it is a nice amp, but yeah, pretty much no option for clean. im not an expert with fenders either, just stay away from the frontmans... i have a twin reverb, which was about 1300, so with your budget fender might not work, i dont know what they have in your budget thats actually decent...
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.