Well, Christmas is looming and I’ve been looking at various OD’s. As of Christmas I’ll be using it through a Vox AC4, and am looking for something to boost this into slightly grittier territory for both rhythm and lead work.

I listen to mostly to Britpop - think Paul Weller, Oasis, Ocean Colour Scene etc, and Bluesy, Psychedelic, 60s stuff like The Who, Stones, Zep, Cream, John Mayall etc.

So far I’ve been considering the Crowther Audio Hotcake, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Fulltone OCD, Xotic AC Booster and the Barber Direct Drive. Opinions on these are welcome as are suggestions for any others.

I’m also open to the idea of a treble booster.

Try to keep budget within reason (£200 at an absolute maximum).

Cheers

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Catalinbread DLS (GASing for one of these myself)
Lovetone Purple Plexi
Zvex Box of Rock
MI Audio Crunch box

I'm in the same situation as you, used to use a Bad Monkey with my AC4 but want something better and British sounding.
Last edited by aaronni at Dec 3, 2009,
Quote by sg4ever
Fulltone OCD might work for you...

+1 i heard great things
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by valeriekee6368
Rockthron Austin Gold for me~

btw i loves oasis- wonderwall so much

whenever i hear that song all i think of is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5QCs3PnQBc

maybe try the EHX english muff'n, as someone else suggested! i like my keeley blues driver OD, but im not sure its so much of a british amp sound, but its sexy

the fulltone GT500 was also pretty awsome when i tried it out, but it seemed alot of money to spend compared to the keeley
Quote by Mills7794
EHX English Muff'n

+28.6

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Keeler Push Overdrive.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.