How do they match up to the Mexican and American models? Are the Japan models in retail stores of the same quality as the ones comming directly out of Japan? Thanks.
I actually like em better then the American and Mexican ones. But most people will agree that they're better then the Mexican ones.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
I prefer the necks on the Mexican reissues over that of the Japanese and American reissue necks, but the Mexican bodies leave MUCH to be desired.
Japanese Fenders are simply great, that's all there is to it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
^^^
True. I used to have a CIJ Fender Aerodyne Strat. A very nice guitar.
Fender Roadhouse Deluxe Strat
Vintage Acoustic
Home-made 18 Watt all valve Marshall clone
Talent: zero (but trying)
CIJs are great, but the non-export ones have closer-to-vintage specs.

also, depending on what country you're in, Tokai's Fender copies would be worth a look. Up until recently, they made a lot of Fender Japan's guitars, and tend to be a bit cheaper- you're cutting out the middle man, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?