So I'm looking at asking for a decent effects pedal for christmas, I was looking at stomp boxes, something like the Little Big Muff, to get some more fuzz and that, but I've also been looking at something to generate Wah,

basically, is there anything that you guys would recommend, or which you think is really cool?

cheers
and I am just getting used to pedals so, basically, does any pedal work with ANY other pedal, like for example say I wanted to use a Little Big Muff and a Behringer OD-100 overdrive pedal, would these 2 work together, along with my amp too of course. and will I need lots of amp leads
I would ask this in Guitar Gear and Accessories instead of Electric Guitar...you might get more responses over there.
Well, if you're looking for fuzz, then you can't really go wrong with a Big Muff to be honest. Or for a wah, a Vox V847 is good, cause I mean it's easy to mod and just sounds good.

And I don't think that Behringer pedal would work decently with it, cause it barely works that great on its own to be honest. And if you're looking for effects, one tip would be to know exactly what your looking for, and you'll know how to encorperate it into stuff, cause you don't want to shell out a load on a boutique tremolo pedal because you think its cool, and never find a use for it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
What kind of wah are you looking for? Classic sounding, tweakable, variety, ect? As for fuzz, if you want the Big Muff sound then get that. Tortuga effects has some cool fuzz, its more classic sounding and the Yeti can get some Big Muff tones, and Death By Audio has some crazy fuzz pedals, but those 2 companies pedals are more expensive than the Big Muff.

Effects will work with eachother, but depending on what you use determines how it sounds. You can use fuzz and OD together for alot of drive, but some OD after the fuzz might smooth it out.
ahhh cheers to those that have replied

yea the kind of sound i want is like a mix of fuzz and overdrive, not sure how to describe it, but to acheive a really cool hard rock sound you know? haha, basically plenty of distortion but with fuzz aswell

yea I am looking at Big Muff, and for overdrive, is that Behringer not that good then? what would you guys recommend?
don't get a Behringer stompbox... you'll regret it for the rest of your life

The Marshall Blues Driver is a pretty nice overdrive pedal... it has two settings one "blues" setting which one would use on a clean tone in order to get a slight, bluesy overdrive. There is also a boost "setting" which is suitable to use on an already overdriven/distorted signal (for example if you use a bit distortion for your rhythm sound, this pedal is great to spice up your tone whenever you're doing a lead). In short, a quite versatile pedal!
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by Cherry_09
like for example say I wanted to use a Little Big Muff and a Behringer OD-100 overdrive pedal, would these 2 work together, along with my amp too of course. and will I need lots of amp leads

generally, yes, but some of the older-style fuzz pedals have the reputation of not working too well with modern-style buffers in some pedals. i think you can cure that by putting them first in the chain, though, but i could be wrong.

Cleartone cables are great for the price they cost. They destroy the cables I've tried from music shops at twice to three times the price (planet waves and the like). They're custom-made, too, so you can get the exact lengths you want, with the exact connectors you want. It's win-win, basically, unless you're willing to spend the really big bucks on leads.

http://www.award-session.com/cleartone_cables.html

what kind of budget do you have, and what's your amp and guitar? You generally don't want to cheap out too much, but if you know what you're doing you can get very nice pedals for not too much cash.

I've been hearing really good things about the danelectro cool cat pedals, though I haven't tried them yet. True bypass, too, which is nice (at least, it's a lot better than a bad buffer).

Toneriders are nice too (i have the chorus), but they're quite a bit more money, they're more like £60. They don't do a fuzz, either, but they do an overdrive and a distortion.

http://www.tonerider.com/effects/effects_main.html (dangleberry music sells them in the UK)

I've got a couple of biyang pedals, they're pretty nice, but the reliability is a bit dodgy on them. Not sure if I'd recommend them or not, kind of thing- they sound nice, when they work, if that makes sense. If you're doing anything where you'd be relying on them (e.g. gigging), I wouldn't recommend them, but if you're only mucking about at home like i am, and can be bothered sending them back if they break, might be worth the risk. They do a muff clone (with more options; and as far as i'm aware, it sounds like a muff to me), and a tubescreamer-style clone (again, with more options).

I'd also consider looking into those made by mike pedals- he does a big muff style pedal for around the £50 mark, and also a fuzz-face style pedal. His prices are extremely good for handwired stuff, but I haven't tried them.

http://www.madebymike.co.uk/
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 3, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc
generally, yes, but some of the older-style fuzz pedals have the reputation of not working too well with modern-style buffers in some pedals. i think you can cure that by putting them first in the chain, though, but i could be wrong.

Cleartone cables are great for the price they cost. They destroy the cables I've tried from music shops at twice to three times the price (planet waves and the like). They're custom-made, too, so you can get the exact lengths you want, with the exact connectors you want. It's win-win, basically, unless you're willing to spend the really big bucks on leads.

http://www.award-session.com/cleartone_cables.html

what kind of budget do you have, and what's your amp and guitar? You generally don't want to cheap out too much, but if you know what you're doing you can get very nice pedals for not too much cash.

I've been hearing really good things about the danelectro cool cat pedals, though I haven't tried them yet. True bypass, too, which is nice (at least, it's a lot better than a bad buffer).

Toneriders are nice too (i have the chorus), but they're quite a bit more money, they're more like £60. They don't do a fuzz, either, but they do an overdrive and a distortion.

http://www.tonerider.com/effects/effects_main.html (dangleberry music sells them in the UK)

I've got a couple of biyang pedals, they're pretty nice, but the reliability is a bit dodgy on them. Not sure if I'd recommend them or not, kind of thing- they sound nice, when they work, if that makes sense. If you're doing anything where you'd be relying on them (e.g. gigging), I wouldn't recommend them, but if you're only mucking about at home like i am, and can be bothered sending them back if they break, might be worth the risk. They do a muff clone (with more options; and as far as i'm aware, it sounds like a muff to me), and a tubescreamer-style clone (again, with more options).

I'd also consider looking into those made by mike pedals- he does a big muff style pedal for around the £50 mark, and also a fuzz-face style pedal. His prices are extremely good for handwired stuff, but I haven't tried them.

http://www.madebymike.co.uk/

ahhh man nice one thanks for all that

I've got an Epiphone Les Paul and just a Line6 spider 3 15 watt, I hate it man haha I plan on getting a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 401 next year, just gotta save up the cash from work and money from christmas etc
cool, thanks. It might even be worth holding off on the pedals till you have the new amp, to see what you need the pedals to do. If the new amp does a tone which you'd need a pedal for now, you won't need that pedal, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?