My Ibanez has been getting untuned very quick, especially the G string.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
I'm not sure if it was before or after I changed the intonation.
Thanks.
Last edited by D-Fraz96 at Dec 3, 2009,
Stretch the strings out once you put them on, place your left hand on the string right before the bridge and press firmly enough so the string isn't lifted off of the bridge and with your right hand pull the string up strongly but gently near the 12th fret. Let go of the string slowly. Re-tune and then repeat, you will know you have stretched it enough when the string becomes less and less out of tune when you pull. DO NOT PULL LIKE THE HULK.
Last edited by JakeIsJake at Dec 3, 2009,
is it a trem bridge?

if so is the bridge lifted ass end into the air?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I've got the Ibanez Art300.
It seems the only string getting out of tune is G.
I tune it where it's perfect, then play a note, and it goes way out of tune.
Not sure what to do.
well g's tend to fall out easiest. sometimes a wound string at g, and well lubed contact points help.

if that's a new guitar with stock strings, that's another possible problem.

plus a good stringing technique is very important.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
sounds like it's binding at the nut. Take it to a shop, tell them you want a graphite nut on it cut for your favorite strings.. won't go out of tune anymore (ever).. best 40 bucks you'll ever spend
Thanks guys, but I think I'm just going to buy another Ibanez or Les Paul.
Because of the intonation, and the tuning. Thanks.
Just have a new nut made. My guitar had that issue but since I got it fixed even my fail stringing abilities stay in tune for a few weeks or until my house changes drastically in temperature. Just go in an tell them you like a certain kind of string at a certain gauge and have them cut it to that.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W