I have just bought a strat style guitar, after playing acoustic all my life the bridge on the electric is confusing me.

The action on the guitar was nice and low, but the low E string gave off quite a buzz if plucked strongly. I purchased an allen key to turn the raisers (not sure what they are called, I'm gonna call them raisers!) but despite working on the other strings, it won't lock into the raisers on the low E. Is this because the raisers are dodgy?

Also I've noticed at the bottom of the bridge, each string has a screw with a spring on the end, what are these for?

Thanks, sorry if they are dumb questions.
Quote by si_13
I have just bought a strat style guitar, after playing acoustic all my life the bridge on the electric is confusing me.

The action on the guitar was nice and low, but the low E string gave off quite a buzz if plucked strongly. I purchased an allen key to turn the raisers (not sure what they are called, I'm gonna call them raisers!) but despite working on the other strings, it won't lock into the raisers on the low E. Is this because the raisers are dodgy?

Also I've noticed at the bottom of the bridge, each string has a screw with a spring on the end, what are these for?

Thanks, sorry if they are dumb questions.

Intonation of the strings.
dude not to sound like a dick but if you dont know what your doing PLEASE go get it done by a pro. spend the $$$$ its worth it and who knows the tech might even skool you a lil bit.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Good idea, I will take it into my local music shop. He will hopefully be able to teach me, I know him quite well.