Hey guys, lately I've been thinking of trying to change the balance control knob on my bass to a toggle switch, but I have no idea how I'd go about doing it.

Have any of you ever done it before? Or at least know how?

I ask because I wasn't sure if it would be as straight forward as basically taking the knob off, putting a toggle switch there & switching the wires. So if anyone can help me, thanks!
if you can wire the pot, then you can wire the switch. the wiring directly transposes from the pot to the switch. you just need a SPDT on-on-on (like a LP style 3-way)
Quote by Invader Jim
if you can wire the pot, then you can wire the switch. the wiring directly transposes from the pot to the switch. you just need a SPDT on-on-on (like a LP style 3-way)

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/32139-guitar-tech-3-way-toggle-switch-with-black-knob.html
So would using this work, as long as I wire it correctly?
Last edited by _-Joey-_ at Dec 3, 2009,
Quote by Invader Jim
yep, that's exactly the switch you need. those are ctually way better than typical LP styles.

Awesome!
I think I'm gonna wait until christmas (when I'll hopefully get a new bass) & then mess around with a few custom changes, like this, on my current bass... Just incase I screw it up, I don't have to take it to a shop to get it fixed right away before I can play anything