So here is the deal, we drew names for xmas presents and $50 is our spending limit. I'm looking for a mic to record a guitar amp with, which mic in that price range would be the best?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I've not used used this one before but Shure makes a Low Cost version of the SM58...
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Shure-SM48LC-Vocal-Microphone?sku=270105

I personally just picked up a Behringer XM8500 for backing vocals around the studio and I am shocked on how good it sounds for the price.

HOWEVER, if you can find yourself a cheap, used Shure SM57, I'd go with that. Just be on the lookout for those cheap Chinese copy 57s...
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Last edited by lbj273 at Dec 3, 2009,
you get what you pay for.

ask for a gift card to GC and toss in a bit of your own dough and get an sm57.
Out of the two listed above, I would go with the Audio-Technica....I've never heard of DR and have not used their products but I've used a lot of Audio-Technica products and really enjoy them all.

Also as stated above, you get what you pay for...
Quote by sandyman323
you get what you pay for.

ask for a gift card to GC and toss in a bit of your own dough and get an sm57.

+1