I'm looking for a bridge P-90 for my Gibson SG Classic, to really blast me some good hard rock tones. Right now, I've got the stock Gibsons (Which I love), but I'm sure there must be something better, if only a little. Any ideas? Gives names and maybe a reason, too, if you can
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
How about those p-rails? They look pretty ugly but their nice because you can switch between single coil and p90s (maybe humbuckers too?)
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
^ they won't fit, they're HB-sized.

Most manufacturers make p90s... personally I'd go boutique, as those stock gibson ones will be fairly decent already, there's not much point in upgrading to something of roughly the same quality, or only marginally better.

raging kitty has a big list of pickup manufacturers, now where is he... ?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, and he'll be putting them in a Gibson SG classic. What's the problem?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
doesn't the classic have p90s? if it doesn't, another similarly-named model does and I got confused...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I too thought the classic had P90s?

If that is indeed the case and you are looking for a good hard rock sound, may I suggest you look into P90 sized humbuckers? Dimarzio makes a couple of models, don't know about Duncan. I know a custom pickup winder in my area who offers those, too, but I don't know about the boutique manufacturers from the US. But there's plenty pup makers in the States so there'll probably be some who make P90 sized 'buckers.

I like the combination of a HB in the bridge and a P90 in the neck, very very versatile setup and definitely works for any sort of rock music.

EDIT: I present to you, the SG Classic:

No room for P-Rails, sadly.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Dec 4, 2009,
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the classic; I already have P-90s =P I'm looking for something to try differently, for superior distortion of bridge (it's already good; I just wanna know if there is anything better).

Sorry if I confused ya, guys =P
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Oh sorry i must've had it confused with a different model.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Dude, if you dig it, keep it the same. The grass is always seems to be greener, but rarely is.

Stock Gibson P90's sound great.
Quote by imgooley
Dude, if you dig it, keep it the same. The grass is always seems to be greener, but rarely is.

Stock Gibson P90's sound great.

I figured that might be the case =P And yes they do
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic