hey, anyone give me advice on what amp, pickups etc i should get? I have some ideas but haven't getten to play most of them so i wanted to hear what other stuff is best... I play more of symphonic doom metal, essentially very dark, melodic and sorrowful metal music. Influences are swallow the sun, opeth, dayligh dies, dark tranquility etc. So i need a very dark sounding amp but that can still cut through and sound melodic, so no crazy gain cutting off my sound. Still should be able to play all the death and doom metal stuff on it though. Want to know amp and pickups, price range is no concern. thanks
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
well opeth use Laney so i'd look into a VH100R and for pick-ups since money is 'no concern' go for some Bareknuckle Miracle Men. Engl and Diamond also make awesome amps and are well worth checking out.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
diamond? Haven't heard of them, ill check it out. and yeah, i was considering an Engl, any idea on what kind?
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
the powerball is good, the invader is sweet too, I'm guessing since you like Opeth you need a clean channel for those quiet parts so these amps are 2-3 channel, the savage is more rock-orientated but gets great tones for more melodic metal. Yeah diamond are quite new but they are very very good amps.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
If your budget for the pickups is no issue... I'd get

Neck: Bare Knuckle Nailbomb
Bridge: Bare Knuckle Warpig (alnico magnet)
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Dec 3, 2009,
Swallow the Sun uses Mesa's, idk for sure which ones, but its likely a type of recto. dual/triple recto's don't have the best clean channel, so look at a roadster or road king. they have good clean channel, plus great high gain channels. i haven't tried for their tone, but i could.
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro
Quote by fbeckinsale
Swallow the Sun uses Mesa's, idk for sure which ones, but its likely a type of recto. dual/triple recto's don't have the best clean channel, so look at a roadster or road king. they have good clean channel, plus great high gain channels. i haven't tried for their tone, but i could.

wierd, i talked to juha on there forums and he said they used orange :/ Maybe they use both?
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Quote by Blackritual0
wierd, i talked to juha on there forums and he said they used orange :/ Maybe they use both?

oh, i could be wrong, i thought i read they used mesa's to record New Moon, so i assumed they had always used mesa's
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro
Last edited by fbeckinsale at Dec 12, 2009,