Hey guys I have been slowly but surely looking for a bass amp. I have experience with Carvin electric guitar amps, but none with their bass side of things. I have been contemplating amps such as the Ashdown Mag 300, peavey tour 450 and hartke lh500, but the cost seems to get quite high once i add in a good cabinet etc.

I was looking at a Carvin NB615NEO 1x15 600w bass amp (400w at 4ohms) on their ebay store for $460. It seems like a great value. I will be using it for jamming (higher gain stuff) and possibly gigs. is there any major draw backs to buying a combo instead of a stack besides the ability to switch cabs etc? It just seems like transporting would be easier because it's only 60 pounds etc. Any feedback on Carvin bass amps is much appreciated. Thanks

Here's specs:
- Deep bass from Neodymium 15" LF driver
- Titanium HF driver
- 600 watts output
- 9 band graphic equalizer
- 3 band Parametric EQ
- 16 ga. perforated steel grill
- Studio "opto" compressor eliminates peak distortion
- XLR direct out, mute, active electroincs switches
- Covered in black carpet with metal grill & hardware
- Size: 20.7" wide x 18.5" deep x 23.8" high
- Weight: 64 lbs.
- Made in San Diego, California
It is a great bass amp, and since it is essentially the Carvin BX600 head married to a 1x15 cabinet, you can drive another cabinet with it and get the full 600 watts.
I owned the Carvin BX600 and the neo 212 for a while before I got my current rig and it is an absolutely fantastic amp. It's loud, clear and really well built.

You won't regret going with Carvin.
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
I have BX1200 and I really like it as well. I don't run Carvin cabs though.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Quote by FatalGear41
It is a great bass amp, and since it is essentially the Carvin BX600 head married to a 1x15 cabinet, you can drive another cabinet with it and get the full 600 watts.

Isn't that cab 8Ω? The BX600 goes down to 2Ω...meaning he'd need three extra cabs for full wattage. One extension does get 400W though, which is plenty.

Still, it's a great combo. I've got the head, and it's hands down the most versatile piece of equipment I've ever used. You can get just about any sound you want out of it.
Nope, no sig here.
Sounds like I should buy one then lol. I've had great experiences with Carvin gear, I owned a V3 and MTS 3200 and I loved both when I was playing guitar in high school. I find they are built extremely well and usually a tremendous value. Thanks fellas for the kind info