So I currently have a Line 6 spider III 75 watt, and I like it, but At louder volumes it just doesn't sound as good as I want. Mostly on palm mutes with heavy settings (lots of metallica) and when I palm mute, you can hear the speakers rattling at any sort of loud enough volume to jam. Also I'm not satisfied with the cleans at high volumes. I'm looking for an amp (don't care if it's combo or stack, tube or solid state, etc) that is very good for jamming and small gigs, but can also be used inside the house at lower volumes. I don't currently play shows but I hope to start within a year and will probably use this amp cuz I have to buy all of my gear outta my money.

Max about $1000 (USA)
I play mostly blues (most important) lots of metallica, Hendrix, SRV, Clapton, Iron Maiden, Joe Satriani and everything in between. Versatility is very important.

Oh and I play through a standard Mexican strat hss and my only pedal is a Dunlop crybaby wah

I'll possibly go used but not sure, but used amp suggestions are okay
If I'm right the jcm would be better of the 2 blues and the mesa boogie would be better for metal?
Bugera 333
Bugera 6262
Used Marshall JCM 800
Used Mesa Single/Dual Rec
Used Line 6 Vetta II
Line 6 Spider Valve MK II
Line 6 Flextone

Also, what is your nearest major city?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
get a used fender twin, it has 100 watts power but you can cut it to 1/4 power for inside use which means its equally perfect for gigging and home use (plus theres that amazing fender amp tone) and get a good distortion pedal for it so you can play metal on it
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
Quote by JayT44
Bugera 333
Bugera 6262
Used Marshall JCM 800
Used Mesa Single/Dual Rec
Used Line 6 Vetta II
Line 6 Spider Valve MK II
Line 6 Flextone

Also, what is your nearest major city?

I live like 30 minutes from Atlanta
Quote by gatechballer
If I'm right the jcm would be better of the 2 blues and the mesa boogie would be better for metal?

Not at all, the Mesa is good at everything.
Okay, now quick question about the jcm 800 and mesa mark iv:
How do these play at low volumes? Because I really like the 1/4 power switch of the fender twin, but am I gonna get great tones without blowing the walls of my house with these two?