k well i just bought these big fancy elixirs thinking they are worth it.Supposed last 3-5x longer then normal strings.Well i put them on about 5 days ago and the high e broke from a bend,granted it was a 2 whole step bend ala marty friedman but WTF!You can't tel me that one bend would break it.I've done bends like this on my usual dadarrios with no problems.Anyone know if i can return these??
Probably not since they are opened and used...
Tonight won't be your last

Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Schecter C-1+
Ampeg B25B & SVT 15
I'd be very suprised if anyone would take used strings back
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
they LAST longer as in, they can take more wear, but they'll still break if you stress them too much

and for returning them? no, they wont. they're used, broken strings, you dont get a warranty on strings. just buy a single string

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
they've already been bent and broken, why would you return them. and there's things on a guitar that can cause a string to break, its not always the string's brand's fault that it broke
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
the same thing happened to me. i was kinda pissed, but i got over it.

a little side note, when i looked at the thread title quickly, i though the "ARGGGHH" was a tuning
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Check out the makers website. They probably have instructions to get a replacement. They probably will want you to send the string back for them to evaluate then send you a new string. I broke a Super Slinky G string before it was in tune when it was installed. I put the old one back on. I eventually bought a new set (John Pearse) because I didn't like the sound of the Super Slinky's. I didn't think it was worth the effort, so I won't use that brand any more.
^lmfao what tuning have you ver seen an rr and h in lol
yeah i kinda figured i couldn't return them.I'm just kind of pissed because i don't get money too often and i don''t know of any places that sell single strings
I have never tried coated strings, I like the feel of new strings so I don't know if I'd want to leave something on there so long anyway
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
the same thing happened to me. i was kinda pissed, but i got over it.

a little side note, when i looked at the thread title quickly, i though the "ARGGGHH" was a tuning

That's the tuning of a new genre called RAGE-core. All you do is tune your guitar to th epoint it makes a continuous FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU sound, thus drowning out all other members of the band.
lol @ returning broken strings. That's like trying to return a dead dog.

Coated strings are supposed to take more wear, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, because of the coating, the actual strings are actually a slightly smaller diameter (because the coating makes up the difference) and thus they actually break easier from stretching/bending related causes.
Quote by In_Black_Flames
lol @ returning broken strings. That's like trying to return a dead dog.

Coated strings are supposed to take more wear, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, because of the coating, the actual strings are actually a slightly smaller diameter (because the coating makes up the difference) and thus they actually break easier from stretching/bending related causes.

they don't take more wear per say. they are safe from corrosion from the oils of your skin plus dirt and shit getting in the wire and dulling their tone. as far as the strings being a smaller diameter, pretty sure they aren't. i could be wrong, but the coating isn't super thick. i have tried them on a friends guitar before and honestly they didn't make me wanna run out and get them. plus he replaces them just as often as d addarios. if you keep your strings clean and fret board clean your string swill last a while. mine don't go dull till about 4-5 months of playing and i play every day. the extra money for them doesnt seem worth it.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?