I play classic rock, grunge, hard rock, and metal. I've been playing guitar for about 5 months. Thing is ive always used my neighbors amp. He has an old 15w Crate amp. So i now want one of my own. Im looking for one $60-$90 maybe $100.

I've been looking at the marshall KK 10w amp (the kerry king signature)
And the Line 6 Spider series

i know marshall is a good brand but i have very little experience or knowledge bout amps. Advice please?
Last edited by disturbedxkh10 at Dec 3, 2009,
Stay away from both the Marshall MG series, and the Line 6 Spider series.

Roland Cube
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
peavey vypyr 15,
nuff said
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Quote by Koshman32
Stay away from both the Marshall MG series, and the Line 6 Spider series.

No, he shouldn't stay away from either of them. They are both good practice amps and sound good at low volumes but I'd avoid getting over a 30w of either of these.

You should however stay away from the KK MG. The new MG4 series are ridiculously improved over the older MGs. I'd take a Spider over an MG though, but that's just me. Play both for yourself and see if you like them, but they both have a lot of hate on these forums.

You would do much better to bump up your budget a bit and invest in a small tube amp and a cheap, but decent sounding, OD pedal. Ideally I'd look for a Vox AC4 or Bugera V5 with a Bad Monkey OD for metal. If you can't get any more money though then definitely look into the Spiders, MGs, and the Peavey Vypyr Series if you have to stick to under $100.

EDIT: Not a big fan of the Vox Valvetronixs or the Roland Cubes, but you might be so I'd look into those also.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Dec 3, 2009,
You would do much better to bump up your budget a bit and invest in a small tube amp and a cheap, but decent sounding, OD pedal. Ideally I'd look for a Vox AC4 or Bugera V5 with a Bad Monkey OD for metal. If you can't get any more money though then definitely look into the Spiders, MGs, and the Peavey Vypyr Series if you have to stick to under $100.

i could probly increase my budget. im getting a job soon. im on my first geuitar (looking for a second) and read the post in the ten commandments about how you want to invest more in your amp. I just don't know how much to put into a practice amp.
Also i have absolutely no excperience with tube amps. ive heard very good things about them but never used one. I've looked at prices and dont rly understand how they work. What would i wanna get for a small tube amp??

thx for the advice guys