Well, I started to record Good Riddance by Green day, me playing and singing (strictly for practice, I hate green day with a passion), and I dont sound anywhere near as good as I thought I did. Help please? I cant get a couch since im already taking guitar lessons and money is tight.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
I don't know quite what you can so, but there's a singing forum now so I'd check that out.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by Rockerdude22
Well, I started to record Good Riddance by Green day, me playing and singing (strictly for practice, I hate green day with a passion), and I dont sound anywhere near as good as I thought I did. Help please? I cant get a couch since im already taking guitar lessons and money is tight.

It's better to stand when you're practicing anyways.
I have learned that by simply not opening my mouth my singing voice improves ad infinity.
I really don't think a couch will help anyways.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Rockerdude22

you have to have a good posture which is hard on a couch so i would either stand or sit upright in a chair
practice?
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
Quote by bendystraw
It's better to stand when you're practicing anyways.

Quote by Jackal58
I really don't think a couch will help anyways.

Quote by tidge
you have to have a good posture which is hard on a couch so i would either stand or sit upright in a chair

Hahaha. He spelled "coach" wrong.
i kind of had the same problem i thought i sang well, found out i sucked. didnt have any coach didnt practice scales and what not i just sang loud and long until i found my own voice and now a lot of people thinks it sounds good
Quote by Survivalism
Hahaha. He spelled "coach" wrong.

I thought of it first.
Videogames actually give you a good sense of pitch. As long as the programmers have pitch themselves and can do the charts right (in other words, Guitar Hero won't work)

If you can get your ear right and worried about just your tone, then you just need to practice along to songs to find what suits you
First thing I would do is realize that you can get better volume and longer lines in from using your diaphragm instead of your lungs to breathe (that's the part right under your ribs at the top of your belly). Next thing is to just practice on using that air to get comfortable with gradually raising the volume. Try not to stretch for the notes. That'll only do more damage. Oh.....and eat apples before you sing at a show or something. Trust me, it helps.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Last edited by Sewn Up at Dec 3, 2009,