Page 1 of 4
There's a song I'm listening to right now, called Kouyate by Level 42, and the weird thing is that I prefer the live version to the recording which appears on the album.

Live version
Studio version
Does anyone else know of any song where the live version outshines the album version?
Every flight of the concords song. Also alot of sex pistols, jimi hendrix, neil young and some orchestral music.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Alot of Avenged Sevenfolds LBC gig was recorded very impressively. Probably one of the few I can think of off the top of my head.
Don't Let It Bring You Down - Neil Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU9_Q7PJuNQ

I thin the Live at Massey Hall version is the best personally. The studio version pales in comparison to this and it.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
BIllie Jean by Chris Cornell
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Most stuff on Stadium Arcadium by RHCP
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
AC/DC when Bon Scott was still alive.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
A Drug Against War by KMFDM

Cigaro by Sstem of a Down

Creek Mary's Blood by Nightwish
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Live>Studio always. Imo.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Muse's performance of Map of the Problematique on HAARP was outstanding.

Actually, I prefer most Muse songs live as opposed to their studio versions.

stratkat
Quote by Kensai
Every flight of the concords song. Also alot of sex pistols, jimi hendrix, neil young and some orchestral music.

When he got it right, he got it right. but 90% of the time he was off his head and out of tune.

Any Red Hot Chili Peppers/Muse stuff.

EDIT: to EuBoat ^^
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Last edited by Venice King at Dec 3, 2009,
just about anything by Phish. I think Phish is severely under appreciated at UG. Especially considering they are probably the most musically intelligent and greatest improvisers today.
Quote by Venice King
When he got it right, he got it right. but 90% of the time he was off his head and out of tune.

Aren't those two things the same?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
#1 song that comes to mind is Tusk by Fleetwood Mac.
Newbie of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Every blues or blues-rock song ever. For the most part...
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Most of jimi Hendrix'a songs are faster and more exciting in general live. =) Good stuff.
Quote by Karvid
Aren't those two things the same?

Yes, well spotted.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Kensai

Minus the Neil Young, this is just about what I was going to say.

Also, Cancer Bats are waaaay better live than on record. Although punk usually doesn't translate well to a recording studio anyway.
any band worth it's salt can perform a good number of it's songs just as good, if not better, live. in fact, the thought of a band that can't sound any better live than when they're in the studio just goes to show how good of a BAND they really are...i like a band that has MORE energy live than in the studio, cuz that's what it's all about to me: what you can do on stage in front of your fans, and how you can connect with them and get their adrenaline going.

that being said, i obviously have to go with Gn'R, but more specifically, these are some of my favorite live versions: Used to love her, Nightrain, Paradise City, Knockin on Heaven's door!!, Rocket Queen (gotta love the talkbox break), Don't Cry, You're Crazy, Move to the city (great instrumental section)

Flogging Molly seem rather impressive live as well, i'm hoping to attend one of their concerts soon enough. Rage Against the Machine are equally as charismatic and intense live. EndeverafteR are still relatively new so i'll wait till another album comes out and they do some more touring before i judge them officially, but so far they seem rather solid and great live as well. i'm hoping they become the next GnR lol..
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by Venice King

Any Red Hot Chili Peppers/Muse stuff.

EDIT: to EuBoat ^^

It still sounded good though
Quote by Kensai

Young is amazing live. I love when him and The Band play helpless on The Last Waltz
Everything I've seen from the Killswitch Engage live DVD is much better than the studio stuff, even though I love the studio stuff already.

Also there's Adam D. in a cape and daisy dukes running around, so there's too.

SHEdit: I hate Thrice - The Arsonist, but when I saw them perform it live it actually worked.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by liamdude555
It still sounded good though

Don't get me started
Anything John Mayer.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
A lot of stuff that sounds stale and over-produced on the record sounds way better live. Anything by the Foo Fighters, later Megadeth albums.
Almost every song by Pearl Jam

Some you don't like at all when you listen to the version on the record (Off the Girl sounds AMAZING live), some you loved right away (Betterman) but then you hear it live sung by a few thousand people and you go "this is so f*cking beautiful, sniff", and then there's some songs which are hard to top like Jeremy or Deep, but those are usually exceptions. Right now I'm creating my own playlist with only the best version of each song this band has played live. Believe it or not, It's gratifying...

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Omerta-Lamb Of God
The Flame-Chimaira
Devils Child-Judas Priest
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by shwilly
Almost every song by Pearl Jam

+1. I think the only exception is Present Tense, it's my favourite song of theirs but their live versions don't do the same thing as the studio for me
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Darkflame
i like live songs better than studio versions most of the time

bingo. personally i think theres more emotion put into a live performance
Page 1 of 4